Post your 4G Speedtest

Man of Honour
On EE:

16114722013.png

Given the distance and obstructions between myself and the masts I'm amazed at getting those speeds, we are lucky to have FTTC here but it only manages around 35/6 - many of the neighbours are still on ADSL at sub 10Mbit speeds! and lucky to get much better than 10Mbit on 4G.

Last edited:
Soldato
125 down 9 up in Redcar - but does vary 50-300 down and 5-50 up depending on weather and time of day
600 down 600 up in Sainsbury's car park, Guisborough. I would move there if I could
Smarty on a OnePlus 9 pro

Soldato
Uncapped I can get up to 650Mb at my place.
I'm now on a 100meg cap.
Yeah no point having much more than 100Mbps on a mobile it’s not as if you're downloading games on the EA App or Steam. I do see the benefit of a gigabit Fibre connection when downloading games but apart from that it never really maxes the connection.

Of course if there was multiple people using the connection at the same time then it would also be good but on a mobile you’re going to be the only user. In fact the 10Mbps capped service I have on my mobile is perfectly fine, the monthly data allowance is more important.

Man of Honour
but some of us are now on 5G

I'll probably get 5G here before any kind of FTTP, technically already have 5G but right at the edge of range so would need to mount an external antenna high up in the right place.

The altnets are making a right mess of connecting up here and BT have no plans.

I'll probably get 5G here before any kind of FTTP, technically already have 5G but right at the edge of range so would need to mount an external antenna high up in the right place.

Yeah 5G was my best indoors option as CityFibre etc haven't yet come to Stafford. The speed I posted a few posts ago was indoors and I use it as my main ISP. Sometimes I can get 1.2Gbit. The only other option would have been cable internet (Virgin Media) who charges through the nose and ups it by like £4 per year every year.

Soldato
Vodafone now providing 5G in my home area. However the speeds are really inconsistent. Sometimes getting 40mb, sometimes 80mb.

Whereas my work phone on EE is easily getting ~115mb every single time.

Soldato
Lebara 30 day rolling 5gb £2 a month for 6 months, in 6 months I'll look for another SIM only rolling deal

Ran indoors
Qp0Pyez.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato

The altnets are making a right mess of connecting up here and BT have no plans.

Starlink

Back
Top Bottom