1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your bikes thread

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by Reesy, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Busa

Wise Guy

Shes ready for this afternoons run on the dyno to check the fuelling...should makes several horsepowers and some nice torque:cool:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fireskull

Sgarrista

Very nice, love the colours.

3. sunama

Capodecina

I'm not a big fan of the looks of Suzukis, but that Hayabusa looks pretty good.

4. kidloco

Mobster

Not really a fan of the way they look but they handle supprisingly well for a bike of their size and the engine in something else.

My mate had one in blue, he thought it would be a good idea to stick it on a bike stand, run it through the gears and see how quick it would go. Not sure if the second pic is so blurred becuase the bike was vibrating like mad or becuase I was crapping myself in case it came off :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. VFR_KID

Mobster

LOL epic back flip if it came off.

Is he American by any chance? Dumbest nation. shouldn't be allowed to own fire arms or operate machinery!

6. kidloco

Mobster

LOL nah, from Newton near me. normally quite a sensible chap as well, Prison Officer, married, 2 kids. dunno what came over him :)

7. Busa

Wise Guy

Plus it dosent prove anything...probably might see 185mph in the real world...a lot of BS talked about the Hayabusa....only 156bhp on average for the earlier ones...still not bad for a semi sporty tourer:D

8. sunama

Capodecina

Isnt the Hayabusa the fastest production motorbike in the world?

9. Busa

Wise Guy

TBH theres not much in it...mostly down to aerodynamics at high speeds, obviously you do need BHP and a long enough road....woodbridge is a good place for that...my busa did 206mph with a tailwind and a much smaller rider than me. At the time the bike was producing 178bhp and was fuelled and geared for top end speed...it now produces 159bhp which is fine for the road.

Fuel injection systems and associated electronics for bikes have come a long way since my bike was built in 1999 and quite a few bikes produce more bhp now....depends on whose dyno figures you believe!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  10. Busa

Wise Guy

A short clip of the dyno run...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  11. Luke

Soldato

Wow, it pops a bit on overrun doesn't it?

12. Flukester

Man of Honour

i think thats it hitting revlimiter

13. bloodiedathame

Sgarrista

Spitting fire! Nice!

14. kippermitten

Wise Guy

[​IMG]
    My New bike! 2002 GSXR750...OOH bit different to the cbr600f!
    24k miles, pretty nigh on mint condition,barely a few marks on the panels, just serviced last week... 2.6k!
    Still getting used to the very different steering to a 13 year old CBR, its very intuitive, pulls itself round with a shift of body weight, sweet!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  15. cyclops12

Wise Guy

Its because he's got a 4 into 1
    Doing the marble mod or just removing the pair valve will stop it doing that ;)

16. .one.

Mobster

I rather like that very nice but the seat is not to my taste.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  17. Luke

Soldato

New pair of Avon Storms on the bike this morning and permission to go out later this afternoon to 'scrub them in safely'. Can't wait!

18. Busa

Wise Guy

I like the flames and the noise:D

19. cyclops12

Wise Guy

He he im the same thats why mine still has the pair valve :p:D

20. PardonTheWait

Capodecina

After getting my car license in December I've not been running a bike, but the cost of parking and stuff at my work made me get a quote to get insured on our family workhorse, came up at £135 for me and my dad so we're going halves.

Behold... THE BEAST

[​IMG]

Immense! Don't knock bikes like these til you've tried them, it's liberating. Perfect for when I go to my girlfriend's in east london, I dropped it in a bush last time I was up there and it didn't matter.. nor will it if someone knocks me off it. It's nice to not have to worry.

I love it, amused that I'm so excited about getting back on a bike even if it's this piece of toot :D

Edit: Yes that's the tail end of my beloved RSV in the bottom left. She's not mine anymore, I sold her to my dad :(