Post Your Chicken Strips

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I have my toes on the peg supporting myself whilst going faster around some bends. I don't stick my foot out to scrape on purpose, I'm a bit cramped when I have my toes on the pegs. But I change position as we go through 30-40's and usually do a nice stretch before another series of corners. :p

I'll mount a camera and have a look at my foot work. :)

Soldato
If you're scraping your boots before your pegs, your feet are either pointing outwards, or on the edge of the pegs, or a combination of both. Tuck your toes in closer to the bike! :D

It'll start getting expensive otherwise buying new boots.

Are you also sticking your knee out to try and get it down? That will cause your foot to also pivot outwards as it's all connected. Which is fine on a sportbike with high footpegs but not so much on something with lower footpegs.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I obviously don't know, when I ride around twisty roads fast. I usually concentrate on my riding and what's in front of me. Not how I position myself, that comes naturally... on my KTM I use to think through things, but I had time to do it as the acceleration in a straight wasn't great. :p

I want a sports bike, not for the speed. I mean its fun, but you quickly get bored of it and it doesn't give you that adrenaline hit as going fast around twisty country roads. :cool:

Edit

unKle, cheers for that link, I'll give it a read before going to bed. I want to get rid of my newbie behaviours on the bike... :p

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I can see the problem after reading that article, like TallPaul_S said, I position myself as I was riding a super sport to drag my knee. Next week, I'll get some rear footage to see how I move around on the bike. :p

The only problem I see with those guides are, that they're mostly aimed at supersport bikes and riding on track. I don't have a supersport and most of the time I ride on country roads. :p

Edit

This is how I've my foot on the peg, rough idea...
UeJb7ael.jpg

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I would literally put my knee down, I was riding in my kevlar jeans. :p haha

"Duck feeting"? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
I used to scrape my foot all the time on the SV, must just be the position of the pegs, but also that was before I knew proper positioning on the bike and could knee down etc.
I have got risers for when I get my old one back on the road.

Soldato
Duck foot - pointing your toes out, like having your feet at 90 degrees to each other.

When you're sticking out your knee, are you also shifting your arse and hanging off the bike? That's a vital part of knee down as it keeps the bike more upright when cornering. If you're not hanging off/shifting your body around on the bike don't stick your knee out.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Yeah, 1 cheek is off the seat and I position my upper body as if the tank was a door and I wanted to see what's behind it. I think my pegs are a bit lower than usual, an older bloke was riding it before me.

I used this as my guide

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll at some point, haha. They look worse on the picture than they're in real life... Its an old bike, so I can get away with it! :p

Nice, I want to do a trackday at some point. I'm not too sure if i should do it on my Angels, or wait till I finish them off and get some M7RR's. :o

You guys have more experience, what am I doing wrong? I haven't scraped with the peg, yet my boot is destroyed inc. the sole. or is this normal? :p
QpofBN0l.jpg

you riding with the peg in the instep ?
ride with toes on the peg

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I spoke to a guy who use to own an SV, he said he scraped with his boot too. People told him exactly the same thing, as they did to me... that the positioning of the boot was wrong. I was with my toes on the peg and still scraped the boot... :/

I got videos, I'm just waiting for them to transfer over to my HDD.

Edit: I didn't record the 2nd part, where all the good bends are... :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
Pre Track day :(
IMG_1380.jpg

Post Track day :)
IMG_1601.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I scraped my boot when in the alps, twice. First time I only just caught it and didn't really know what it was. Second time I just about took my foot off (or at least it felt that way), absolutely crapped myself.
Still not convinced by the fascination of knee down but then I don't really hang off the bike, I very much sit in mine.

Man of Honour
I scraped my boot when in the alps, twice. First time I only just caught it and didn't really know what it was. Second time I just about took my foot off (or at least it felt that way), absolutely crapped myself.
Still not convinced by the fascination of knee down but then I don't really hang off the bike, I very much sit in mine.

Hanging off lets you go around corners much quicker and in a more stable manner than leaning with the bike.

Man of Honour
Also completely pointless unless you want to brag you can put your knee down. (Public roads)

I find hanging off gives me a lot more stability in the hairpins, and I've never put my knee down.

In fact I fell off when I had a heavy rucksack that stopped me hanging off on the hairpins... so I suppose I did get my knee down that day but I ain't bragging :p

Caporegime
My boot never touches the ground but i tend to have my boots right back on the pegs so id have to grind the rnd of the peg off before it got my boot lol

Back
Top Bottom