Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Never realised how small the Renault-Alpine GTA was - even accepting that it's a 50's Chevrolet next to it.

How about this for scale? :D

They aren't big, no - but still plenty spacious inside. Quick cars, even by today's standard. Have to really work my TT hard to keep up with my dad's (on ramps at the time as it was having handbrake mechanism tweaks).

CgeLeJlWsAAepb0.jpg

(GTA's a bit longer, mind - but then the Twingo's hardly miles long in the first place....)

4 days in Rome and the only sights worth seeing (with an engine anyway) were a Ferrari F430, and Audi RS6, 10+ Abarth 500s and thousands and thousands of 'normal' cars with damage ranging from scratches to entire panels/bumpers held on with cable ties. In fact counting the cars without damage of some kind would have been a fairly low number. Oh and cars double or triple parked leaving people sat in their cars leaning on the horn at 9am till the person blocking them in arrives.. How peaceful :o

What's the story with that, then?

Wish I knew. It's just been backed up on that pile of rubble since before I moved to the area (walk past it on the way to Sport Sheffield) and it's not moved at all in that time. I'd love to know if it was running, I'd even consider buying it if I had the space for such a project. It's sat outside some dodgy run-down looking MOT & Garage place.

Last edited:
Unfortunately no pic, didn't have chance to get the phone out but I saw what I'm relatively sure was a legit Sierra RS500 leaving the Isle of Portland on Saturday afternoon.

Hadn't really thought about 1) How old they are and 2) How rarely you see any sort of cossie nowadays, let alone the RS500.

4 days in Rome and the only sights worth seeing (with an engine anyway) were a Ferrari F430, and Audi RS6, 10+ Abarth 500s and thousands and thousands of Smart Fortwos with damage ranging from scratches to entire panels/bumpers held on with cable ties. In fact counting the cars without damage of some kind would have been a fairly low number. Oh and cars double or triple parked leaving people sat in their cars leaning on the horn at 9am till the person blocking them in arrives.. How peaceful :o

Fixed ;)

When I was there last month, the only noteworthy cars of interest was a F430 outside the Vatican, and weirdly both a white 2015 Mustang and a Camaro on different days :o

This came and parked next to while I was waiting at Ebbsfleet earlier. Not sure what it is exactly, but it was pristine. H reg, anyone who recognise it from the side profile, please tell me what it is, my knowledge of older Audis is lacking.

This was mint:

M3_Fseries.jpg

They also had an Evolve Alpine White F10 M5 there too along with another E39 M5 (import). Both the F series cars were Evolve tuned. Making silly HP I bet.

But this, this was mintiest:

20160606_143927.jpg

20160606_143938.jpg

M3-m8-fareham.jpg
Were those Club Sport spoilers an option on the M3 then? It looked alright on the M3 body really. I was never a fan of it on the 330Ci Club Sport.

When I was looking at buying an E46 M3 I saw one car with the Club Sport spoiler, seller had told me it was an option when bought new but I'm not sure if I believed him. Didn't look into it much more than that as I've not seen another since, except for now.

Having said that, the rear of the E46 M3 and a Club Sport are hardly any different, save for the tail pipes, not sure how it's "alright" on the one car and you're "not a fan" of the other :confused::p

Back
Top Bottom