Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
I've only ever seen one of those. Aston basically threw it together for tax reasons, car makers pay tax depending on how "eco" their cars are.

I think you could only buy one if you owned an Aston at the same time. But you'd have to be nuts to pay Aston prices for a Toyota IQ.

I'd have this one though lol

I bet it's scary as hell to drive. It could spin in to a tree at any moment.

yea short wheelbase and narrow and quite tall as well, that would be dangerous on a motorway, let alone a county lane

Soldato
You don't have to use all 450 all of the time...
you've heard of something called torque and traction haven't you, the mini had the perfect combination of everything, that car above will have way too much torque; even at only 1000 rpm, it is also very tall and has a high C of G...... the original mini was like a Caterham, very low to the ground... i had two minis............. even my old Mini Clubman 1100 (Estate) would out handle most cars on the road today, virtually impossible to skid out on a roundabout...it held the road like glue.

there's no need for anything larger than a tuned 1600 cc in a car so small

Soldato
At Goodwood on Sunday..

HhFPHMa

Man of Honour
you've heard of something called torque and traction haven't you, the mini had the perfect combination of everything, that car above will have way too much torque; even at only 1000 rpm, it is also very tall and has a high C of G...... the original mini was like a Caterham, very low to the ground... i had two minis............. even my old Mini Clubman 1100 (Estate) would out handle most cars on the road today, virtually impossible to skid out on a roundabout...it held the road like glue.

there's no need for anything larger than a tuned 1600 cc in a car so small

You've heard of that pedal fitted to the right hand side of the car near your feet that allows variable control over how much torque the engine produces right?

Soldato
it doesn't go like like, you can floor other cars and be safe....a big V8 doesn't react like you say, it gives you instant torque the moment you hit the gas and it's hard to judge this right, especially on our crappy roads, the rear end breaks loose instantly....... i couldn't take any bend/roundabout in the Firebird with my foot on the gas, or in the Consul, because they used to break loose instantly and it's surprising how easy.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You talk about this thing as if it's some mass market car you can pick up at a Toyota dealer. I think the fact it was commissioned as a one off says enough about the person who will very rarely drive it. Make no mistake, it'll spend 99% of its time garaged or on display as a conversational piece.

Soldato
You talk about this thing as if it's some mass market car you can pick up at a Toyota dealer. I think the fact it was commissioned as a one off says enough about the person who will very rarely drive it. Make no mistake, it'll spend 99% of its time garaged or on display as a conversational piece.

Yep, it's not really meant for speed even though it has a big V8. It's purely for lols. It would be dangerous to try and get it up to it's max speed.

Caporegime
it doesn't go like like, you can floor other cars and be safe....a big V8 doesn't react like you say, it gives you instant torque the moment you hit the gas and it's hard to judge this right, especially on our crappy roads, the rear end breaks loose instantly....... i couldn't take any bend/roundabout in the Firebird with my foot on the gas, or in the Consul, because they used to break loose instantly and it's surprising how easy.

Which is why you modulate the accelerator and don’t just floor it...

Back
Top Bottom