Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
It looks like it's called a bumper blocker.. I assume to stop people using your bumper as their parking sensors.

I can see one of those being very useful in bits of europe where parking seems to consist of repeatedly hitting the car in front and behind in order to squeeze in.

Caporegime
Huh?
BMW offer stupid amounts of colours/interior combinations, along with custom stuff, have you never heard of BMW individual? As does Porsche.

More a case of without spending £7k on an individual colour like some manufacturers want but your selection of normal "colours" comes down to 3 shades of white and black, 7 shades of grey and two "colours" like BMW and some other manufacturers offer........................

Permabanned
More a case of without spending £7k on an individual colour like some manufacturers want but your selection of normal "colours" comes down to 3 shades of white and black, 7 shades of grey and two "colours" like BMW and some other manufacturers offer........................
I don't remember the price being in his point though mate...
My point was that the option IS there, just wether you wanna pay for it...
It's nothing new that Germans make everything options list, as does pretty much everyone now, you used to just get everything standard with JDM stuff, but now even Honda give you an options list, sigh.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't remember the price being in his point though mate...
My point was that the option IS there, just wether you wanna pay for it...
It's nothing new that Germans make everything options list, as does pretty much everyone now, you used to just get everything standard with JDM stuff, but now even Honda give you an options list, sigh.

Maybe not but there is a much "better" choice of colours in the off the shelf range compared with BMW/Audi/Porsche who all want you to opt for individual colours at the costs of thousands by giving you such an awful choice of standard colours.

Permabanned
Maybe not but there is a much "better" choice of colours in the off the shelf range compared with BMW/Audi/Porsche who all want you to opt for individual colours at the costs of thousands by giving you such an awful choice of standard colours.
I think at the point you're paying silly brand new money for a car of kind/price range/marque, be it financed or whatever, you're silly at that point anyway, given the fact you loose loads just driving it out the showroom etc, so at that point you may as well say **** it and get something that makes it yours/exactly how you want it, and that's something regardless of price, BMW/Porsche, really do shine at.
You've only got to look at the stuff they did like 30-40 years ago, and it was still very high end customisation wise.

The annoying thing is BMW, did used to offer WAY more standard colours, but the customers have a habit of insisting on it to be certain popular previous old school/preferred colours, and they then do so to sell, for example the 2014 first gen M3 saloon/M4, the customers begged for them to come in Pheonix Yellow (funnily enough a Honda colour name too), Atlantis Blue, Estoril Blue, etc etc, by listening to the customer, that's what made those release such a boring minimal amount of colours amongst the other common expected colours, that's why every F80 when new was one of those colours, or black, versus say on the E36/46 range having stupid amounts of colours even on the lesser small engine and non M Sport stuff, before even going into the massive in the hundreds literally individual range (that you can look up and be blown away the sheer amount of).

But I get what you mean mate :) New cars definitely don't have the variety we used to, let alone as standard.

Caporegime
I think at the point you're paying silly brand new money for a car of kind/price range/marque, be it financed or whatever, you're silly at that point anyway, given the fact you loose loads just driving it out the showroom etc, so at that point you may as well say **** it and get something that makes it yours/exactly how you want it, and that's something regardless of price, BMW/Porsche, really do shine at.
You've only got to look at the stuff they did like 30-40 years ago, and it was still very high end customisation wise.

The annoying thing is BMW, did used to offer WAY more standard colours, but the customers have a habit of insisting on it to be certain popular previous old school/preferred colours, and they then do so to sell, for example the 2014 first gen M3 saloon/M4, the customers begged for them to come in Pheonix Yellow (funnily enough a Honda colour name too), Atlantis Blue, Estoril Blue, etc etc, by listening to the customer, that's what made those release such a boring minimal amount of colours amongst the other common expected colours, that's why every F80 when new was one of those colours, or black, versus say on the E36/46 range having stupid amounts of colours even on the lesser small engine and non M Sport stuff, before even going into the massive in the hundreds literally individual range (that you can look up and be blown away the sheer amount of).

But I get what you mean mate :) New cars definitely don't have the variety we used to, let alone as standard.

Im just fed up of that 7 colours in the range are taken up with "greys". Grey needs to be banned. Same with black wheels.

Permabanned
Look at this @Greebo:cry:
iu

I find it hilarious all the chavs want their cars wrapped in primer Nardo. This looks even more primer than Nardo, lol it's called "Matte Attack Grey" :cry:
I suppose it's the new white with a black roof chav/essex/rude boi phase - which looks **** and makes your windscreen/roof/rear window look like one piece, carbon roofs are allowed as for example all E92 M3's had them. But wrapping it black is just pathetic, nearly as lame as farbon (fake carbon) wrap/farbon parts made of plastic.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Why are you shocked/displeased @Greebo it has your perfect tick list, awful cheap tacky looking wheels that don't work with the car (or any car) then finished in black, and a nice primer wrap and black roof. You'll be the bell end of the ball m9!

Just needs some blatantly fake farbon wrapping like this **** and you're golden! :cry:
iu

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
The annoying thing is BMW, did used to offer WAY more standard colours
This is literally my point. The Individual/Manufaktur offerings from BMW, Porsche, etc. don't count. These premium German manufacturers should offer a wider range of colours without having to go into the personalisation programmes. BMW is getting better, but it's nothing like the 90s/00s..

Permabanned
This is literally my point. The Individual/Manufaktur offerings from BMW, Porsche, etc. don't count. These premium German manufacturers should offer a wider range of colours without having to go into the personalisation programmes. BMW is getting better, but it's nothing like the 90s/00s..
Yeah it's not like the old days, bloody optional extra craze, I did have to go spec a modern BMW to find out you were right, even the most basic of colours have been stopped as standard now, my point was more the sky is the limit if you want to pay, and buying a brand new car, you're financing it or wasting money regardless, so at that point screw it, it looses a quarter of it's value driving it out the forecourt.

The main lesson is to never buy new, and buy low mileage 2nd hand in the colour you want, there is enough idiots that pay for individual colours/spec, and always has been.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Yeah it's not like the old days, bloody optional extra craze, I did have to go spec a modern BMW to find out you were right, even the most basic of colours have been stopped as standard now, my point was more the sky is the limit if you want to pay, and buying a brand new car, you're financing it or wasting money regardless, so at that point screw it, it looses a quarter of it's value driving it out the forecourt.

The main lesson is to never buy new, and buy low mileage 2nd hand in the colour you want, there is enough idiots that pay for individual colours/spec, and always has been.
I completely disagree. Why should you spent an extra five or even ten thousand pounds to get a colour that isn't black or grey? Even if I'm spending £100k on a car, another £10k for a nice colour is outrageous.
When I bought my Q7 new, it was only £5k more than a 2-year-old Java Green one for sale with 40,000 miles... Sometimes you get massive savings on new cars, and then you're stuck with what they have in stock. Thankfully the brown leather and massage seats outweighed the black paint in my case, but at least the wheels weren't black!
I was looking to buy 2nd hand, but the residuals were so strong just after COVID it just didn't make sense at the time given the extremely cheap finance and discount on RRP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom