Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Permabanned
I completely disagree. Why should you spent an extra five or even ten thousand pounds to get a colour that isn't black or grey? Even if I'm spending £100k on a car, another £10k for a nice colour is outrageous.
When I bought my Q7 new, it was only £5k more than a 2-year-old Java Green one for sale with 40,000 miles... Sometimes you get massive savings on new cars, and then you're stuck with what they have in stock. Thankfully the brown leather and massage seats outweighed the black paint in my case, but at least the wheels weren't black!
I was looking to buy 2nd hand, but the residuals were so strong just after COVID it just didn't make sense at the time given the extremely cheap finance I was offered.
Because idiots will and do, so they've capitalised on that, just like even Honda now do, gone are the days when you'd buy a JDM car and get everything standard.
German cars have always been sold on the basis of "oh you want that, it's extra" nothing new, they've just become more stingy, cause they can :(

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Because idiots will and do, so they've capitalised on that, just like even Honda now do, gone are the days when you'd buy a JDM car and get everything standard.
German cars have always been sold on the basis of "oh you want that, it's extra" nothing new, they've just become more stingy, cause they can :(
But the colours aren't even offered in the brochure, so it's not that it's "extra" like metallic paint.

Permabanned
But the colours aren't even offered in the brochure, so it's not that it's "extra" like metallic paint.
No because anything custom order, is exactly that, as with BMW individual, you can basically make it up as you go, or go in and click buttons infront of a member of staff. If they put the colours/combos/fabrics all in a brochure it'd be bigger than the bible, if you want a laugh, look up how many BMW colours there are, even from the E36 in 1992-2000, imagine fitting them and all the colours/fabrics/combos that continued after that on a website/brochure, it'd be insanely large!
The same would go for other brands I'd imagine, Porsche springs to mind.

I had a 2016 RS7 with stupid amounts of options, circa an extra 36k spec'ed IIRC, and it was still only white, the seats/alcantara interior everyone lusts over, carbon everything, the ass massagers, hot and cold air up your back/ass, mood lighting on each corner/posh brakes etc etc, I laughed my ass off when I red the build spec sheet/price!

The TLDR is, the only thing you get standard these days with any car, is being ripped off, one way or the other, regardless of brand :)

Last edited:
Soldato
IMG-5204.jpg

Back
Top Bottom