Post Your Garden!

Soldato
Gods Country, But trailing in Ron-ski's solar wake
Fortunately my back garden is only 30m2 and the front is less than a third of that.

Maybe 50-60m2 in total with the border.

I have no idea how people maintain massive gardens without paying others loads.
My back garden is 25mtrs long and 15mtrs wide……i pay zero money to anyone and do the whole lot myself. Even this year i have built a seperate vegetable garden too. Working from is superb for keeping a garden going

Soldato
Its hardy until you have crap soil that just lifts away when cut. All this digging should hopefully fix that.

Very true, when we and the neighbours moved into our new builds a couple of years ago they got the site to lay their law. I on the other hand purchased the turf from the sites providers separately (and saved a fair few quid mind) and prepared the ground properly. There were so many bits of crap in the soil as it had been literally a building site. I got a rotavator in and took my time with the preparation. 2 years later and my turf is lovely, level and green and next doors is not.

Annoyingly last week I managed to scorch a big patch of turf with my fire pit which was most annoying as I now have had to relay a big patch, give it a month and it wont be noticed.

Soldato
New house and new garden. Safe to say the dog enjoys it more than the old "small" block paved garden!

Dumb q - what's the easiest way to fit a rotary washing line in the floor? Postcrete? I saw brabantia do one that just stabs into the ground but not sure if that'll last the test of time?

SeRarGK.jpg

xjZwd1r.jpg

7szZx1K.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the Brabantia spike, it's not lasted well in terms of keeping straight. I plan to postcrete the spike in when I get time. The line itself is cracking though.

Caporegime
New house and new garden. Safe to say the dog enjoys it more than the old "small" block paved garden!

Dumb q - what's the easiest way to fit a rotary washing line in the floor? Postcrete? I saw brabantia do one that just stabs into the ground but not sure if that'll last the test of time?

You either post Crete it permanently, get a spike that goes into the lawn, or set something else tubular into the ground.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Anyone have any thoughts on the below?

I've dug out the area I'm going to be patioing, but it's turning into a mud bath with the rain ATM, is it worth covering or will that not help?

Last edited:
Associate
You can try and cover it with plastic/tarp but then you have a piece of plastic/ tarp to get rid of. with ours I dug down laid 3 inches of type 1, compacted it (making sure there was a run away from the house), layer of sand to level then laid the slabs on a dry mix and brushed the dry mix between the joints. It hasn't moved and there are no puddles/ standing water during rain. Although the garden has lots of heavy clay and fills up with several huge puddles. I aerate the soil sand have dug it over and added sand but not enough.

Caporegime
You can try and cover it with plastic/tarp but then you have a piece of plastic/ tarp to get rid of. with ours I dug down laid 3 inches of type 1, compacted it (making sure there was a run away from the house), layer of sand to level then laid the slabs on a dry mix and brushed the dry mix between the joints. It hasn't moved and there are no puddles/ standing water during rain. Although the garden has lots of heavy clay and fills up with several huge puddles. I aerate the soil sand have dug it over and added sand but not enough.

Yeah it's all being done properly just there's no point throwing type1 in to a bunch of holes that are full of water :p

Guess I'll have to wait it out

Back
Top Bottom