Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
Originally posted by ian_t

Its bee set to Loudness and Bass+10 Treble+10 since the day i bought it :D

Ian

surely having both of these turned right u pwill just cancel each other out??? sure it might increase volume slightly, but then so would turning the dial!!!

me uses various systems, to 2 sets oh Hi-fi seperates SOny/Denon mostly, a Sony Midi stereo hre in my room or my PC which runs through a sweet set of 80's Wharfdales matched with an Amstrad amp - Bl00 modded LEDs of course

daz

daz

Soldato
Originally posted by thepedster
surely having both of these turned right u pwill just cancel each other out??? sure it might increase volume slightly, but then so would turning the dial!!!

It's really the equivalent of defeating the middle or mid-range... makes the sound go "boom boom, tish tish, boom boom" in my opinion. :)

The rule with equalizers is always to defeat before you gain... i.e. instead of raising bass, decrease treble and middle. :)

Man of Honour
All old stuff:

Technics SU-VX500 amp
Rotel RCD-955AX CD player
Mordaunt-Short 5.3 speakers

plus even older:

AIWA AD-R470 cassette deck
Sansui S300 equalizer (for the cassettes!)
Sony ST-JX2L tuner (never used - G*d bless digital radio)
AKAI AP-B1 record deck.

Really only use the CD player and the sound is fine for me. But it's frightening how old all this stuff is - the newest is over ten years old now.

M

Associate
One of my stereo's is a bang and olufsun beocentre 9500 :D and the other one i have hooked up to my pc in my bedroom is a technics SCEH750 i would post pics but being the thicko i am i cant work out how to :confused:

Associate
Marantz pm7200
Marantz CD52mkii
B&W 602 s3's
Atacama stands
Qed cables

I love it, first seperate system :)

Will get the matching cd player to the pm7200 if they ever release it

daz

daz

Soldato
Originally posted by Fusion
My rule of equalisers is not to bother. If it sounds crap in the first place you won't improve it!

Most acoustic environments and most speakers to not play flat, and thus small adjustments need to be made to compensate. Hence why equlizers are used where sound is used professionally.... PAs etc.

Caporegime
You'll have to excuse the mess :p

Nad 521i CD Player & Nad C320 AMP

Very nice sound quality, got some mission speakers as well, but couldn't get them in the pic :)

Last edited:
Soldato
best mate how much did you pay for your 7200?

I am hoping to buy one soon, and put it together with some Quad 11l's and a NAD c541i.

Associate
Originally posted by rare
best mate how much did you pay for your 7200?

I am hoping to buy one soon, and put it together with some Quad 11l's and a NAD c541i.

I'm not sure what i paid for it, i went to local hifi shop and bought amp, speakers and accessories at once for about £650 iirc. However no-competitors-please.com seems to be the cheapest. Not sure about their reputation, superfi also has it for a little more and will price match.

The amp is very nice, Class A isn't as good as What hifi thought in their review, at least not on my system. For me it improves slightly on an already great sound. Also think about the colour options, the gold does look nice, but is quite hard to match with other separates and the rotaries look a bit cheap in gold plastic, i wish i had bought the black. Don't let the 25w figure put you off the amp, it is very loud. And of course demo all you can in your budget but i'd be quite surprised if you preferred another amp :)

Associate
My kit is as follows:

alpha 8se cd player
nad c350 amp
Sony MDS-JE530 MD player
b&w 601 s3 speakers
qed SA biwire with airlocs apollo az-6 stands
cambridge audio M1 remote
sennheiser (sp?) hd270 headphones
2x numark ttx1 turntables
behringer VMX-300 mixer

an old pic:

hifi_small.jpg

it's all housed in a deck stand now (or at least will be when I unpack it at my new house)

Man of Honour
PC system:
Denon UD-M5 mini system
Kef Q15 bookshelf speakers (shielded :))

Main system:
Denon AVR-3802 A/V Receiver
Mission 733 floorstanders (2nd hand)
Mission 73S centre (2nd hand)
Mission 7DS surround (new, not fitted due to space issues)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
For music:
- My i5 based PC hosting all 1800+ CDs of my music in FLAC format.
- Roon as my server software. Connects directly to the ID40 card in my 861 via ethernet
- Meridian 861v4/ID40/LPS AV processor acting as a streaming front end, stereo DAC and pre-amp. The 861 also includes Meridian's take on room correction, and nicely dials out a couple of serious room nodes (bass peaks)
- BAT VK-600 SE power amp
- Impulse Ta'us horn loaded 3 way speakers. These have been given an RFC overhaul with replacement midrange, tweeter drivers and a new set of custom built off board crossovers
- GIK tri-trap bass traps in the corners behind my Impulse speakers
- Power and speaker cables are from Coherent Systems. Balanced cables interconnects are neutric terminated from Audio Technica and Mogami.
- Trichord balanced power supply for the Meridian 861 and HD621
- Weird ethernet thingy to reduce RF noise and CAT6 and CAT7 cabling
- Whilst having a new power circuit laid in for our conservatory, has a 2nd circuit laid in just for the stereo, thus reducing noise in the mains from other household components.

Here's one of the speakers with the electronics stack:

0sIBbUgm.jpg

For AV
- LG B9 65” TV
- Pioneer BD player
- Meridian 861v4 AV processor
- Meridian HD621
- Impulse Ta’us / BAT VK-600se (fronts)
- Linn LK140 (rear amp)
- Ruark Prelude speakers (rears)
- Boggo 3.5m HDMI cables. QED speaker cables to the rear speakers
Meridian 861, HD621 and BAT VK are all sat on a Quadraspire 4 tier acrylic stand which nicely tidies things up.

Music is controlled using the Roon iOS App

Headphone system (sited at my PC)
- Sennheiser HD600s, driven by either a Meridian Director DAC and a Heed Canamp 2, or a Meridian MS200 into a Little Dot 3 valve amp

Last edited:
Associate
Stereo:
Nad 451i CD player (in box waiting for me to find way to send off for repair)
Arcam A65+ strereo amp
B&W 602 S2's on Atacama SE6 stands

Home Cinema:
Yamaha DSP-A5 amp
Harmon Kardon DVD-2550 umm... DVD
B&W 602 S2's Front L+R (via Yammy pre-out -> Arcam amp)
B&W LCR6 Centre
B&W 601 S2's Rear L+R
Yamaha sub (cheap)
B&W CC6 (waiting for 6.1 upgrade or me to get around to selling it)
Pioneer 433MXE plasma display

/\/\j17

Back
Top Bottom