Potential Upgrade Advice

Thee Tachi is an Eatx motherboard so you will have to get a larger case if you choose that ,as for £100+ extra it's a feature rich board probably has better vrms but if assetics you want is not worth it. On the flips side if it gives you the look then why not but it's mainly going to be covered with a CPU cooler so I would get an aio along with a bigger case.

The Asus b650 E-F is a great board for the price and certainly match the G Skill memory (you can get the non RGB version of that memory also)

The Asus Tuf X670e gives you an extra m2 slot over the b650 boards and definitely worth a consideration.

There are cheaper b650 motherboards but one of the reason I recommend the E-F is that it has pcie5 and a pcie5 m2 slot.

4090 are about 335mm if you get a bigger case you won't need to worry but the north maxes out at 355mm which is fine for most 4090 which are around

Thanks again for the help really appreciate it. I just think if I’m spending this much on a build I may as well make it exactly what I want. I’ll be getting the North XL in all likelihood so size would be ok with the eatx.

At least I know all three are suitable and decent options so I have options.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the help really appreciate it. I just think if I’m spending this much on a build I may as well make it exactly what I want. I’ll be getting the North XL in all likelihood so size would be ok with the eatx.

At least I know all three are suitable and decent options so I have options.
Your welcome.

I agree it's your money spend it on what you want and enjoy.

Definitely would go aio water cooler in the top so you can show of the board and ram. Even the Arctic freezer 3 with it's 38mm rad should fiit the top as the the XL has 40mm rad thickness then add 25mm for fans . Link below.

Just want to enphase to check out reviews, etc so your happy with your choices

Keep me informed.

Your welcome.

I agree it's your money spend it on what you want and enjoy.

Definitely would go aio water cooler in the top so you can show of the board and ram. Even the Arctic freezer 3 with it's 38mm rad should fiit the top as the the XL has 40mm rad thickness then add 25mm for fans . Link below.

Just want to enphase to check out reviews, etc so your happy with your choices

Keep me informed.

Think I’m leaning towards this build. If I top mount the AIO, would putting an exhaust fan on the back risk quicker accumulation of dirt inside the case?

I’m still not fully set on the motherboard choice. I think if I go for the x670 I’ll drop to the standard fractal north and a 240 aio

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,355.92 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Last edited:
Looks nice.

As for dust there's filters on the front of the case adding an exhaust wouldn't add to the dust but an intake at the rear mite add a little but personally wouldn't concern me.

If I'm spending that much ons pc I'm looking after it and dusting with a small soft paint brush and a vacuum cleaner once every couple of months ain't gonna take more than 5 mins.

Last edited:
Looks nice.

As for dust there's filters on the front of the case adding an exhaust wouldn't add to the dust but an intake at the rear mite add a little but personally wouldn't concern me.

If I'm spending that much ons pc I'm looking after it and dusting with a small soft paint brush and a vacuum cleaner once every couple of months ain't gonna take more than 5 mins.

All ordered. Thanks again for all of your help.

Your welcome let's us know how you get on.

First boot on AM5 can take up to 15mins before anything shows on screen and may reboot, this is because the motherboard is training the memory.
That’s good to know to save my worrying when I boot haha.

Update: everything has arrived so will be looking to start the build this evening. First issue… I’ve messed up and ordered a reverse flow fan for the rear. I’ll probably install it for now in exhaust but reorder one and replace it.

That’s good to know to save my worrying when I boot haha.

Update: everything has arrived so will be looking to start the build this evening. First issue… I’ve messed up and ordered a reverse flow fan for the rear. I’ll probably install it for now in exhaust but reorder one and replace it.
You could set the fan at low speed so it gently feeds cool air to the aio.

Managed to get it all built and without any significant issues. A few things I might look to improve but I really like the build.

- Some of the power cables are quite short. Especially the 24 pin which when taking it through the only route it’s able to go, it only just reaches (partly because the eatx covers up the usual route through the case just too much to fit the cable through). Ideally I’d like black and gold cable extensions but the only ones I can find are on Amazon and from a company I’ve never heard of. Unless I pay a premium to get custom ones.
- I’ve ended up leaving the rear fan off because I didn’t expect them to be as thick as they are. 30mm which is probably fairly standard but stick onto the case further than I’d like. I might still fit if I’d prefer a rear fan but seems to be running perfectly fine without. I’d buy a slimmer fan but I’d rather the fans matched with the aio.
- The dark tint on the glass is definitely darker than I expected. I like it in the sense it has a clean look to it but the downside is picking internals that I think would look good and they’re not that easy to see. I’ll have a look for solutions. I love the case regardless but would just be good to see through the glass a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom