** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Linus consider these monitors as potentially the best gaming monitors available and I have to say after seeing one in action it is absolutely immense, check the video out for yourself:

Acer Predator XR341CKA 34" G-SYNC WideScreen Super-Wide ZeroFrame Curved LED Monitor @ £949.99 inc VAT

MO-089-AC_400.jpg

The 34-inch curved 21:9 ultra-wide Acer Predator X34 monitor is the world's first curved monitor with NVIDIA® G-SYNC™, providing an immersive gaming experience with minimal stutters and screen tears. DTS® sound, 2x7W speakers, a zero-frame design with a futuristic aluminum base and ambient lighting options create an exciting entertainment experience with style.

The Acer Predator X34 features a curved 21:9 UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440) resolution IPS display panel with a 178-degree viewing angle, providing an immersive experience in games and entertainment with a broader view. It supports 100% of the sRGB color gamut, delivering accurate color reproduction desired by design professionals and photo enthusiasts for precise color matching across applications and print output.

The curved screen puts every corner of the screen at the same distance from the customer's eyes, providing a uniform viewing experience. It also presents a more immersive experience with a wider field of view and increased perceived area of peripheral vision compared to a flat display of the same size. The Predator X34 can be configured in a multi-monitor setup for an even richer gaming experience, thanks to its zero-frame design.

"Acer continues to showcase its commitment to PC gaming with the introduction of their new NVIDIA G-SYNC-enabled Predator X34 gaming monitor," said Jeff Fisher, senior vice-president of the GeForce business unit at NVIDIA. "The preferred choice of PC gamers everywhere is a GeForce GTX GPU, which when paired with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology is the only platform to deliver an ultra-smooth gaming experience across the entire spectrum of PC games."

For gamers, the Predator X34 supports multiple features that allow them to fine tune the monitor's performance, including 6-axis color adjustment enabled by NVIDIA G-SYNC, on-screen display of refresh rate, and three different aim-point icons to choose from. Users can easily identify when G-SYNC mode is on through a red ambient light at the lower edge of the monitor, of which intensity changes according to the instantaneous monitor refresh rate.

Designed with ergonomics in mind, the Predator X34 can be tilted from -5° to 35° and adjusted vertically up to 130 mm, allowing the user to adjust the monitor to the most comfortable viewing angle. It also features flicker-less technology to lessen eye fatigue for a more comfortable gaming or working experience.

The Predator X34 supports DisplayPort and HDMI inputs, and has a built-in USB 3.0 hub which supports high-speed charging of smartphones and other devices.

Specification:-
- Screen Size Class (diagonal): 34" Curved
- Panel Type: IPS
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 3440x1440
- Refresh rate: 100Hz
- Brightness (typical): 300 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio(Original): 100M:1
- Response Time: 4ms
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): 178/178
- Connectivity: 1x HDMI & 1x DisplayPort
- Speakers: 2x 7W
- Tilt: Yes
- Height Adjust: Yes
- USB 3.0 Hub
- VESA: 100 x 100
- Dimensions (with stand):825.1 x 585.9 x 309 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 8.2kg
- Warranty: 2yr

Only £949.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Acer Predator XR341CKB 34" FREESYNC WideScreen Super-Wide Curved LED Monitor @ £799.99 inc VAT

MO-090-AC_400.jpg

Be the first to experience the Predator XR341CK with game-changing technology and ultramodern design. The 34" curved 21:9 Ultrawide QHD display, a zero-frame screen and an elegant brushed-metal stand give the Acer Predator XR1 a luxurious and outstanding look. Get fully immersed in brilliant views and lifelike colours through IPS technology, 100% sRGB colour gamut and ambient lighting. Enjoy convenient multitasking with Picture-by-Picture (PBP) and Picture-in-Picture (PIP) technology and find the best angle to work by tilting the screen or moving it up or down.

Specification:-
- Screen Size Class (diagonal): 34" Curved
- Panel Type: IPS
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 3440x1440
- Refresh rate: 75Hz
- Brightness (typical): 300 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio(Original): 100M:1
- Response Time: 4ms
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): 178/178
- Connectivity: 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort & 1x Mini-DisplayPort
- Speakers: 2x 7W
- Tilt: Yes
- Height Adjust: Yes
- USB 3.0 Hub
- VESA: 100 x 100mm
- Dimensions (with stand):825.1 x 585.9 x 309 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 8.2kg
- Warranty: 2yr

Only £799.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

We expect stock end of September or early October, these will prove extremely popular, especially as they are arriving in peak season. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
:eek: Not liking them prices!!

Great value for money!!!!!

We sold over 500 of the LG curved at £800-£1000.

These are a better specification and have FREESYNC/G-SYNC technologies for practically same money.

Bargain and well done Acer, we expect to sell well over 1000 units before Christmas. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
I am quite sure he is secretly dreading a repeat of the XB270HU lol! It would sink Acer (in the monitor sector) if it happens again... enough people have sworn off ever buying from them again as it is!!

Funny thing is Acer in the last six months have become one of our three top sellings brands and sometimes rival no1 position. So they are doing something right.

XB270HU was a huge success to be frank, it's return rate though high was no worse than ROG Swift, yet another huge success.

People who have genuine issues such as real backlight bleed and not ips glow and noticeable pixel issues OcUK has stood by. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hello gibbo if I pre-ordered this monitor now would it be shipped on release and also when would my money come out when the item is dispatched ?

I'm back in the UK, but not for long. :D

We take money at point of ordering, unless you use Amazon check out I believe, but this is question best for sales team.

We've sold about 50 so far, first batch is 100 units, so you'd get one of first batch which are scheduled for around October but that is an estimate.

OcUK Staff
OP
hi there

Stock arrived in UK, but Acer have pulled it to have the firmware upgrade done, so will be about another two weeks I believe to sort this first batch with firmware upgrade. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
The update is well there is no update, as previously stated stock landed in UK, but Acer re-called the stock to re-flash it.

For the last several weeks I have either being on vacation or overseas and at the moment our Acer contact window is also overseas. Once they are back they will provide an update but one would realistically expect them to take approx. 1-2 weeks to flash and get the stock back to us, which in theory should be sometime next week.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Acer are coming to see me at 11am, shall raise these major issues about lack of communication and how we want to see a positive change in keeping OcUK customers more up to date.

OcUK Staff
OP
Don't forget to tell them of for the acer 27" disaster of a monitor and to make sure that this screen doesn't have the same issues with backlight bleed and dead pixels.....

Disaster is far fetched.

Did it have issues? Yes, which they made changes to production and QC for next batches.

But in short its return rate no worse than ROG Swift, which also had issues but neither were a disaster infact both were a huge success for several reasons.

OcUK Staff
OP
I think it's a bit silly to say that there was no update Gibbo, you could have just told us that Acer haven't provided any information and that would have been that!

We know it's Acer's fault, but it's hugely frustrating when OcUK aren't telling us what's happening on their end.

Now speaking with Acer, it is actually not there fault, it lies with the distribution channel, Acer ask for a collection date several weeks ago and only a few days were they given a collection date of tomorrow.

So the distributor has held up the stock turn around by three weeks.

Acer inform me now based on them collecting stock tomorrow it will take them 1-2 weeks to re-flash and re-package stock, they are aiming for closer to 1 week rather than two.

OcUK Staff
OP
Acer told you 3 weeks ago though that stock had landed in the UK and just needed flashing...

Just, pfft. A shower.

Yes this is true.

The distributor would not allow them to collect until today, that is life unfortunately. Let us hope Acer can get them back to disti for next week and into us for following week.

OcUK Staff
OP
Thanks for the update, all we were wanting all along :)

When I said Acer's fault, it was more "it's not OcUK's fault". But hopefully we can look forward to the Monday after next or soon after that for delivery.

Rather excited now!

Yes fingers crossed and FREESYNC editions land Monday with us, reportedly these have no issue we believe.

OcUK Staff
OP
This Monday coming you mean? Great news if that's the case as its the freesync one I have on preorder.

Thanks for the update Gibbo!!

Yes.

Acer now inform me they hope to re-flash the monitors Monday/Tuesday and have a booking in slot for the re-flashed stock on 22nd October, so they could be with us on 23rd October if the distributor books them in on 22nd, if not they will arrive following week.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just rang in 30 mins ago and the chap said he wasn't sure when you where getting any so I've not ordered, how many are you getting in and how many back orders?

20 arrived, we had 21 back orders, of which 20 will ship today, next batch due in a few weeks.

Best to pre-order to secure on as they are hugely popular. :)

Freesync model is in stock and ready to ship.

Back
Top Bottom