** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

OcUK Staff
OP
This Monday coming you mean? Great news if that's the case as its the freesync one I have on preorder.

Thanks for the update Gibbo!!

Yes.

Acer now inform me they hope to re-flash the monitors Monday/Tuesday and have a booking in slot for the re-flashed stock on 22nd October, so they could be with us on 23rd October if the distributor books them in on 22nd, if not they will arrive following week.

Associate
Yes.

Acer now inform me they hope to re-flash the monitors Monday/Tuesday and have a booking in slot for the re-flashed stock on 22nd October, so they could be with us on 23rd October if the distributor books them in on 22nd, if not they will arrive following week.

Yay xmas will come early then! Initial feedback seems really good in the US on the X34's that are going out.

If it is delayed another week I may have to go Liam Neeson from Taken on the distributor. Trust me, they don't want to meet my particular set of skills! :cool:

Associate
Yes.

Another promising update :). If you OCUK receive them on the 23rd will they be sent out the same day? Also are you able to confirm whether you are expecting enough stock to cover all the pre-orders?

P.B

P.B

Soldato
super jealous of all these possible owners just couldn't justify double the price over 27" acer when it was offer.

Associate
after getting burnt with the Acer XB270HU. I've been religiously checking and desperate to buy a new monitor with no back light bleed / ips glow.

I had to return it and couldnt get a replacement.

Would love to experience Fallout 4 on a new monitor like what i hoped for The Witcher 3

Last edited:
Associate
Funnily enough i sometimes regret buying my 34inch monitor. Its a 34uc87. When I get it's normally csgo/dota2, both of which i prefer to play on a 16:9 ratio. movies tho are 10/10

Could you play at 2560x1440 which seems as though its just like playing on a 27" 1440p monitor? I'm expecting to have to do that for streaming and Youtube recording.

Soldato
There's plenty of footage online at 3440x1440, so for some games at least recording shouldn't be an issue.

Bit worried about the issues that have been cropping up for those in the US that have already received their units (flickering, backlight not coming on after wake), however bleed issues certainly don't seem to be beyond the norm which is promising. I'm sure a firmware update can fix the niggles however whether Acer will release a utility to allow us to do this at home is another matter.

Associate
There's plenty of footage online at 3440x1440, so for some games at least recording shouldn't be an issue.

Bit worried about the issues that have been cropping up for those in the US that have already received their units (flickering, backlight not coming on after wake), however bleed issues certainly don't seem to be beyond the norm which is promising. I'm sure a firmware update can fix the niggles however whether Acer will release a utility to allow us to do this at home is another matter.

Aye have been following that as well. I've been tempted a few times to swap to the ASUS PG279Q (no guarantee it will be any better but reports are good here so far) but want the UW and know I will regret it.

Soldato
Aye have been following that as well. I've been tempted a few times to swap to the ASUS PG279Q (no guarantee it will be any better but reports are good here so far) but want the UW and know I will regret it.
Exactly the same here. In addition to wanting an ultrawide, I personally don't get on well with multi-monitor setups for work at all. Would rather have one huge monitor and use clever tiling window management (i3, Amethyst) instead.

Two 27" monitors would also be absolutely enormous on my desk and unnecessary, it's impossible to find smaller monitors with matching enclosures now.

Associate
I am thinking of upgrading my delivery to a Saturday one in case these are dispatched this Friday. Do you know if OC are willing to do that (and I pay the extra) without cancelling the order and reordering?

Associate
Well I was about to then I refreshed the product page and they have changed the ETA to the 26/10/2015

So I guess it will be shipped out the Monday so I wont need a Saturday delivery in that case.

Back
Top Bottom