** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Acer are coming to see me at 11am, shall raise these major issues about lack of communication and how we want to see a positive change in keeping OcUK customers more up to date.

Caporegime
Don't forget to tell them of for the acer 27" disaster of a monitor and to make sure that this screen doesn't have the same issues with backlight bleed and dead pixels.....

Caporegime
Hi there

Acer are coming to see me at 11am, shall raise these major issues about lack of communication and how we want to see a positive change in keeping OcUK customers more up to date.

Make sure that the reps know not to upset you mate, tell them that 8pack loves to pick them up and throw them through the first floor window for kicks ;) :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Don't forget to tell them of for the acer 27" disaster of a monitor and to make sure that this screen doesn't have the same issues with backlight bleed and dead pixels.....

Disaster is far fetched.

Did it have issues? Yes, which they made changes to production and QC for next batches.

But in short its return rate no worse than ROG Swift, which also had issues but neither were a disaster infact both were a huge success for several reasons.

Soldato
I think it's a bit silly to say that there was no update Gibbo, you could have just told us that Acer haven't provided any information and that would have been that!

We know it's Acer's fault, but it's hugely frustrating when OcUK aren't telling us what's happening on their end.

Caporegime
Disaster is far fetched.

Did it have issues? Yes, which they made changes to production and QC for next batches.

But in short its return rate no worse than ROG Swift, which also had issues but neither were a disaster infact both were a huge success for several reasons.

The dedicated threads on here, overclocked.net, hardforum etc. with hundreds of pages stating the same issues say different.

The swift had/has issues too but nowhere to the same extent.

A success in terms of profit/sales and being the first to the market of its kind... sure but not in the QC/fault free department.

Associate
Its difficult to tell for us since we don't get to see information on return rates. And most people that receive good monitors don't seem to post about it. But the multitude of negative comments have certainly dented confidence.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
I think there will always be a down side to a monitor on the bleeding edge none of the will be perfect.

Soldato

Please make sure their tea/coffee has bits of dust and debris floating in it, and their biscuits are covered in dog hair... just so they have some appreciation of what it's like to receive a product that has been produced with such disregard for customer satisfaction.

Edit: needless to say, the tea/coffee should be served luke warm and the biscuits pre-nibbled, preferably by a small rodent.

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Please make sure their tea/coffee has bits of dust and debris floating in it, and their biscuits are covered in dog hair... just so they have some appreciation of what it's like to receive a product that has been produced with such disregard for customer satisfaction.

Edit: needless to say, the tea/coffee should be served luke warm and the biscuits pre-nibbled, preferably by a small rodent.

:)

dont forget the thunderbugs too !

Also with regards to the 270HU disaster what about the people who returned them under warranty only to get someone else's fault DOA/defect in return ! I know several people who have had this happen.
As for return rates lets not forget OCUK do not get the faulty ones back so there figures will not reflect this. They go back to Acer.

Hello there

I am sorry to hear of this issue, as the product decription states the warranty on these monitors are all on site with Acer.

They will be able to replace the screen for you, their contact number is 0371 760 1000.

Regards

Bailey

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
I think it's a bit silly to say that there was no update Gibbo, you could have just told us that Acer haven't provided any information and that would have been that!

We know it's Acer's fault, but it's hugely frustrating when OcUK aren't telling us what's happening on their end.

Now speaking with Acer, it is actually not there fault, it lies with the distribution channel, Acer ask for a collection date several weeks ago and only a few days were they given a collection date of tomorrow.

So the distributor has held up the stock turn around by three weeks.

Acer inform me now based on them collecting stock tomorrow it will take them 1-2 weeks to re-flash and re-package stock, they are aiming for closer to 1 week rather than two.

Associate
So that sounds like it's going to be November before stores start getting them in stock?

I have a potential buyer for my U3415W in the next few weeks and I'd like to pick up an X34 :eek:

Associate
Thanks, Gibbo.

At least we now have an answer as to why there was the delay and there also seems to be an end in sight :). Going to put down the annoyance of it being delayed and start looking forward to its arrival.

Soldato
Now speaking with Acer, it is actually not there fault, it lies with the distribution channel, Acer ask for a collection date several weeks ago and only a few days were they given a collection date of tomorrow.

So the distributor has held up the stock turn around by three weeks.

Acer inform me now based on them collecting stock tomorrow it will take them 1-2 weeks to re-flash and re-package stock, they are aiming for closer to 1 week rather than two.
Thanks for the update, all we were wanting all along :)

When I said Acer's fault, it was more "it's not OcUK's fault". But hopefully we can look forward to the Monday after next or soon after that for delivery.

Rather excited now!

OcUK Staff
OP
Acer told you 3 weeks ago though that stock had landed in the UK and just needed flashing...

Just, pfft. A shower.

Yes this is true.

The distributor would not allow them to collect until today, that is life unfortunately. Let us hope Acer can get them back to disti for next week and into us for following week.

OcUK Staff
OP
Thanks for the update, all we were wanting all along :)

When I said Acer's fault, it was more "it's not OcUK's fault". But hopefully we can look forward to the Monday after next or soon after that for delivery.

Rather excited now!

Yes fingers crossed and FREESYNC editions land Monday with us, reportedly these have no issue we believe.

Back
Top Bottom