Power Bank advice please

Soldato
because of the 65w output and it charges my phone less times than my older 21,000mAh powerbank

yes can be much less efficient charging at higher voltages/powers -
Thought this was an interesting power bank test site

unfortunately they do not seem to give the real capacity for any of the Aukey banks, but below for Xaomi :(
https://usbcurrent.com/xiaomi-mi-power-bank-3-review/
  • [*]Listed Capacity: 20,000mAh
    [*]Actual Capacity:
    • Phone Charging: 13,300mAh
    • Switch Charging: 12,900mAh
    • Laptop Charging: 9600-12,900mAh

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Realistically it's because the numbers Mose manufacturers quote you for capacity are pure BS :p
Same method used by those 1TB USB SSD drives on amazon that are just firmware hacked to show 1TB and are actually 64GB microSD cards when you open them up. It's all a con.

• Haha
Reactions: NVP
Permabanned
*Rookie question warning*

I'm after a power bank for my vape, they sell an official one for £25:

It is 5000mAh. On Amazon there are loads with larger capacity for cheaper, and some have 20W PD which would be useful for my phone too. However, I am concerned they may negatively impact battery life.

I'm struggling to find details on the battery, but the vape is a Zeus Arc GTS, it has a 3500mAh capacity and a micro USB charge port. I currently charge it using a USB A 5V/2.4A charger port, this works fine.

Would I be fine just buying any power bank, or do I need to consider specific specs etc? Should I just get their official one?

I recommend go with Anker.

Reactions: NVP
Soldato
Got this beast of a charger

Anker 737 (PowerCore 24K)

uquWDwfh.jpg

1iNLBjxh.jpg

zf82tEwh.jpg

I have an Anker 325 Power Bank (Powercore 20K) but it takes ages (over 10 hours) to charge, no thanks. USB-C input only and max output is only 15W so unable to charge laptops.

The 737 on a 65W charger it was done in a few hours, tempted to buy a 140W charger.
Max output 140W, 2xUSB C out, 1x USB A. Seen above not breaking a sweat outputting 85W

Associate

uquWDwfh.jpg

1iNLBjxh.jpg

zf82tEwh.jpg

I have an Anker 325 Power Bank (Powercore 20K) but it takes ages (over 10 hours) to charge, no thanks. USB-C input only and max output is only 15W so unable to charge laptops.

The 737 on a 65W charger it was done in a few hours, tempted to buy a 140W charger.
Max output 140W, 2xUSB C out, 1x USB A. Seen above not breaking a sweat outputting 85W
That's nice, would work great with my heated gear batteries. Pricy though

Last edited:
Soldato
Now we're talking!

sex1Zvfh.jpg

FYI the Apple high wattage USB C to USB C cable is 100W so maxes out at around 95W input charge

Last edited:
Soldato

uquWDwfh.jpg

1iNLBjxh.jpg

zf82tEwh.jpg

Looks like a beast

Caporegime
Can someone explain why you need 100w?
Surely there's no need?
If you're using a power bank you're probably not gaming right? So as long as the power draw is above the drain it's OK?

I can't remember what my surface book accepts but my 100w (65w and 30w ports) charger is so so much cheaper than 100w+ ones. I just can't see why with 20-25000 banks why 100w plus is a perk?

I'd rather my 100w 25k one than the anker 200w 20k for example

Mine has 65 usbc + 30usbc + 22.5 usb-a .
Obviously, being 100w you can't use all 3 at rated watts. But I can't think of ever use more than 2.even that would be rare

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely there's no need?
If you're using a power bank you're probably not gaming right? So as long as the power draw is above the drain it's OK?

I can't remember what my surface book accepts but my 100w (65w and 30w ports) charger is so so much cheaper than 100w+ ones. I just can't see why with 20-25000 banks why 100w plus is a perk?

Obviously, being 100w you can't use all 3 at rated watts. But I can't think of ever use more than 2.even that would be rare
My laptop needs 100w especially when i am compiling something etc.

If all u do is watch youtube and post ocuk then yea u dont need 100w.

Saying that, Just because it is 100w, does not mean it is feeding 100w all the time. it only does so if the device demands it!

Caporegime
My laptop needs 100w especially when i am compiling something etc.

If all u do is watch youtube and post ocuk then yea u dont need 100w.

Saying that, Just because it is 100w, does not mean it is feeding 100w all the time. it only does so if the device demands it!

But would you be using high demand power with a power bank?
Its only 25000mah and the inefficiency is (probably?) higher at higher watts?
You'd probably get a hour extra if you were doing a task requiring 100w?

I think 25000 doesn't top up my surface book up to full for example

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely there's no need?

My work HP laptop pulls 88w, not 100 but its easier leaving that in my bag if i need a few extra hours than taking the beefy charger - I work on call and it means i can be anywhere and work for extra hours without being tied to a power socket. Havent tested but im sure the powercore 24k will provide at least a 50% charge.

But I can't think of ever use more than 2.even that would be rare

Bold comment on the ‘ever’ lets see in a few years when there are many more devices that pull 100w fast charge. Apple need to pull their finger out with fast charging

Associate
Another vote for the Anker 737. It’s not the cheapest but it’s a monster. it’s worth mentioning how fast it can be charged even if you don’t need 140W output it’s nice for charging it.

Soldato
Looks like a beast
Some comparison pics next to an Anker 325 and standard tape measure.
Being able to tail stand and the oled screen flipping based on orientation is surprisingly useful.

tWbZliJ.jpg

20vHplx.jpg

mZVUIDY.jpg

Ps, i hate the mobile site, inserting photos always adds them to peoples quotes until you delete and re-add them. Highly annoying

Last edited:
Soldato
Some comparison pics next to an Anker 325 and standard tape measure.
Being able to tail stand and the oled screen flipping based on orientation is surprisingly useful.

tWbZliJ.jpg

20vHplx.jpg

mZVUIDY.jpg

Ps, i hate the mobile site, inserting photos always adds them to peoples quotes until you delete and re-add them. Highly annoying
Diddnt even know you can upload pics on this site directly from web browser on a phone

Caporegime
My work HP laptop pulls 88w, not 100 but its easier leaving that in my bag if i need a few extra hours than taking the beefy charger - I work on call and it means i can be anywhere and work for extra hours without being tied to a power socket. Havent tested but im sure the powercore 24k will provide at least a 50% charge.

Bold comment on the ‘ever’ lets see in a few years when there are many more devices that pull 100w fast charge. Apple need to pull their finger out with fast charging

I guess I just can't ever see a situation where you'd be pulling 100w and relying on a small paper bank.

I totally understand pulling 100w+ from a wall plug. But a 25k mah battery pack is going to be rinsed in no time.
If you were pulling 100w, the bank would give you about 45 mins of extra time?

The anker is 2x the price of my Iniu

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom