Power Supply Recommendation £65 Max

Associate
Hi,

So, I've got all the components for my Ryzen 5 1600 build sorted apart from the PSU.

I'm completely out of the loop as I haven't built a machine for a long time. The last time I did, the choice was fairly simple: get a Seasonic or an Antec.

I've seen a 500W Be Quiet! System Power 8 for around £50 which got a good review on Hexus, and a 620W Seasonic S12-II for around £65.

I'll be running a Ryzen 5 1600, overclocked a little, with an R9 390.

Are either of those mentioned a good choice? Any others to consider?

Man of Honour
Go for Lee's suggestion of the Superflower. Not only is it a better psu but it is also Platinum rated compared to the bronze rating of the two you are looking at. The Seasonic S12 II has a noisey fan and the BeQuiet System Power 8 500w is a mediocre FSP built unit with a 12v rail of only 456w and I would be wanting more headroom than that if you are overclocking a R9 390.

Man of Honour
It's returned to it's proper price as it was on special offer when recommended. The offers only last a week (wed-wed) before they are replaced by new ones. At the current prices I personally wouldn't touch any of the 500w+ psu's that OCUK sell. Wait until the "This week only" offers refresh tomorrow afternoon and see if that Superflower Platinum is on offer again (it has been on offer fairly regularly recently). If it is then buy it within the next seven days unless something better is listed.

Soldato
There is a Seasonic P760 with a big reduction on today only, yes I know it's double your budget your price limit! However if your a value buyer this is the one to buy.

£130 on today only. 7 year warranty on these, again it's double your budget but long term it's by far the best value.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/seas...-platinum-modular-power-supply-ca-033-ss.html

He doesn't need 750W if only running a single gpu system. A 550W unit is plenty.

Also the new Seasonic Focus Gold 750W is £20 cheaper than the Platinum and it has a 10 year warranty. Much better value if the op was in the market for 750W.

Back
Top Bottom