Power to weight ratio of your car?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26183725 said:
Diesels never perform well on bhp/tonne, look at the 330i above and it's got a significant advantage in terms of bhp/tonne yet the performance of the two cars is broadly similar.

Eh? The difference in weight between the 535d and 535i for instance is about 70kg.

173bhp/t = petrol
172bhp/t = diesel

Sure, in the older days maybe, but since the invention of aloominum blocks the diesels, this isn't really the case :)

Associate
I need more power! with a boost controller notched up to 1.3 i should be over 400bhp, I want 465bhp to be 300bhp/ton. My current injectors are 440cc, hmm let the modding begin!

Associate
You have GOT to share some of the mods and vids/pics of this beast! Never really been a fan of TTs (though I quite like the new shaped one and the TTRS) but this I could forgive!

Is it still numb/dull and uninspiring round corners?

Im Bikerz so you may have seen me on forums.

Its a 1.8L block stroked and overbored 2007cc I think) with a GT30R76 (all the trick bits on her) that ran 545 on Jabba Dyno.

I dont know how big spec you would like:

Eurospec Forged TFSI Crank
JE Pistons 82.5mm
Rick Wood (CNC Heads) Head
CAT "Drag" Cams
ID1000 Injectors
TSR manifold and 3" DP
Turbosmart WG
Pro alloy 70mm FMIC Kit
Stock 6 speed 02M gearbox with Sach 600NM SMF Clutch Kit

KW V2 Coilovers
H&R Adjustable Front and rear ARB
Defcon Bushes on front
Powerflex Bushes everywhere else
Vibratechnik Engine mounts
Blue Haldex Controller

FIA Approved Saftey Devices half cage
Recaro Pole Positions with 5 point 3" Harnesses
Battery Relocated to boot
QS Rear seat conversion kit

Carbon Oris Rear Spoiler
Carbon Oris Rear Diffuser
QS Front bumper (Road)
Modified 225 bumper for track use

Porche 17ZR 6 Pot Brembo calipers upfront with 334mm Tarox brakes and Pads (GT2 calipers)
Rear Brakes - Stock Brembo disks and pads ( However have GT2 4 pot rear calipers)
18" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 (These are sold and need new wheels)

STILL ON STOCK ME7.5 Management ;)

Shes now having a GTX30R76 put on her, should break 600bhp.
The RS will out handle her with a set of AST coilovers on them no matter how much I have thrown at the mk1 handling!
I love it when people call it the hairdresser car, at track days it gets respect after the 1st session ;)

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
SL Merc:
500hp
1950kg

256/tonne

RR V8:
305hp
2550kg

120/tonne

330 Sport:
230hp
1575kg

146/tonne, barely quicker than the tank RR, i am not sure why anybody considers these cars fast :p

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Ha yeah, it's all relative and I said that in jest really :) I've only just recently bought my first "really quick" (500hp supercharged 5.4 V8) car so everything else feels mega weedy now!

Associate
Shes now having a GTX30R76 put on her, should break 600bhp.
The RS will out handle her with a set of AST coilovers on them no matter how much I have thrown at the mk1 handling!
I love it when people call it the hairdresser car, at track days it gets respect after the 1st session ;)

Drop the KW's and move to AST's :)

I changed from KW Competition to AST's on the Corrado, much better suited set-up when paired with custom spring rates and proper droop adjustment.

I wouldn't use anything other than AST's now on VAG platform unless I was going down the full on lightweight/slicks route.

Back
Top Bottom