Powerline products

Associate
a pair of them replaces a wireless connection or an ethernet cable usually with better speed and reliability

your router does several things, these only transmit ethenet signals thorugh your mains wiring, keep the router

look up homeplug on google which is the genreic term for this type of adapter

Soldato
I am also an advocate of these. I bought the HDX netgear ones which might be slightly overkill. But the wireless signal kept dropping in our rented place and playing the xbox online just wasnt worth it, but after i had this, its almost like having an ethernet cable to the router.

Associate
I've been using powerline network since moving into our new house, and its been working great.. Not the fastest of products (i've got the 200mb one), but certainly fast enough to stream video, etc...

Man of Honour
I installed a Netgear homeplug pack (wireless version) into a clients home yesterday & was very pleased with it.

They had a cable router already, so just plugged one into the socket and ethernet cable into the router. Put the other homeplug (wireless access point) in the other room and it auto-linked itself back to the router. Changed the wireless security and setup the laptop to use the wireless like normal.

Was very easy overall and recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to run ethernet cables between rooms or floors, or where wireless doesn't work well. It isn't especially quick, so I don't know how good games are etc but was fine for browsing the web.

Associate
OP
Nice one guys, cheers for the replies

Yeh they sound good as the signal in my room ain't stable sometimes .... right im gonna buy one when i get paid :D will let you all know how it goes!

Associate
Pulsar_GTI said:
Nice one guys, cheers for the replies

Yeh they sound good as the signal in my room ain't stable sometimes .... right im gonna buy one when i get paid :D will let you all know how it goes!

Buy 2 adapters ;)

Back
Top Bottom