PPI Claiming

Soldato
Most of the refund is interest. Of the two larger ones I've listed in my opening post, interest is higher than the refund amount in both cases.
Interesting. I wonder how long it takes to process submissions via that Resolver process. Perhaps an early Christmas present is en route!

Soldato
To give an idea on dates, these date back to 1993/1994

Which company did you use, i had bank loans around that time but i never thought it went that for back (PPI claims), i thought there was a set time limit, i would let them do the first process if you could trust me the company name or post it,

Cheers

Associate
I made a claim against my credit card (natwest) and got just over 5k back. I remember clearing a loan from Natwest back in 2005 so though it worth a punt on that one. I called their own PPI claims number to enquire about loan dates this morning and the guy tracked back 8 other loans for me from 1995 and filled in the claim details. No fuss. I see no point whatsoever using a 3rd party. Its a very easy process. The credit card claim took 1 month from start to finish, the guy today said it might take up to 8 weeks to process these claims.

Soldato
OP
I have purposely not given the company name in any of my posts. I'm not affiliated with them or anything like that, but I didn't want it to look like I was particularly recommending them. I'm happy to reply via trust if you want to know who I used - I'd still recommend checking their website first before proceeding.

Man of Honour
I have purposely not given the company name in any of my posts. I'm not affiliated with them or anything like that, but I didn't want it to look like I was particularly recommending them. I'm happy to reply via trust if you want to know who I used - I'd still recommend checking their website first before proceeding.

all they do is fill out the forms for you and charge you 30%, its a bit of a con

Soldato
For the very first time, I've submitted a couple of claims via that free resolver thing. I've had a long line of credits over the years, going back to 2001 so it'll be interesting to see what comes of it.

Associate
My wife had a call out of the blue from her bank offering £8k.

Typically for me, I'm having a bit of a fight with a couple of mine (through a claim company), both claiming no record of any PPI despite me having paperwork clearly showing it. Admittedly, these were from accounts dating back to late 1990 - I don't think many companies keep records over 6 years.

Man of Honour
Use Resolver through Martin Lewis website.

A coworker of mine recently did this, just on the off chance. They weren't even sure if they had been mis-sold PPI. The result was a cheque for just over £5000, which is well over 4 months pay for us.

I haven't done it. When I was in financial trouble, almost all the companies I owed money to were at least reasonable about it so I don't want to claim off them even if I can. Only one wasn't. Maybe I could have a try for just that one company.

Associate
I made a claim against my credit card (natwest) and got just over 5k back. I remember clearing a loan from Natwest back in 2005 so though it worth a punt on that one. I called their own PPI claims number to enquire about loan dates this morning and the guy tracked back 8 other loans for me from 1995 and filled in the claim details. No fuss. I see no point whatsoever using a 3rd party. Its a very easy process. The credit card claim took 1 month from start to finish, the guy today said it might take up to 8 weeks to process these claims.

Agreed. All of them have numbers to call that will have agents the will:
1. Help you determine whether you had PPI on a specific loan, mortgage, CC etc
2. Track down details for said account
3. Fill out a claim on your behalf

I had a loan though RBS, took me 5 minutes on the phone to determine and answer all of the 3 points of the above. I was sent some documentation to sign, and I returned these via the pre-paid envelopes provided.
5 weeks later and I was £5,500 richer. All for a 5 minute phone call.
Do it people, even if your not sure, just ask the question of institution you borrowed from and go from there.

Edit, this PPI was from a loan I had paid off about 7-9 years ago. I had long since thrown out all material relating to the account number of the loan or policy number for the PPI. I was told what these were as part of the phone call I made.
This may have been made a little easier given that I still take out some services through RBS, but any bank should be able to share such details with you with some basic security questions relating to it (e.g address at the time).

Last edited:

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I just looked at couple of questionaires and I can't see how anyone can say this is an easy process. It may be an easy process if your PPI is from last year and you can still find paperwork with account numbers and datews, but otherwise, it looks right Kafkesque nightmare. And none of the guides really provide that much help except this hyperbolic "fill up the form, it's easy". It's not. Policy number? Date when you took out policy? WTF remembers that? I know I had PPI with Halifax Credit Card in nineties and Nissan Finance for many years in early 2000's because at some point by the end of the term I called them and asked what on earth was I still paying off and I remember for the first time in my life someone describing this bizarre product I never knew existed and never ever signed up to. I then went through every card I had and made sure those ****** things were taken off - that's I do remember Halifax one . But as organised as I am, it would be insane to expect me to have any paperwork or remember account or policy numbers.

Soldato
For the very first time, I've submitted a couple of claims via that free resolver thing. I've had a long line of credits over the years, going back to 2001 so it'll be interesting to see what comes of it.

Well, a small update - I invested about an hour of my time via the free resolver thing, I've submitted about 15 claims.

Some have come back informing me I didn't take out PPI, so that's fair enough, but today I received a letter saying that one of my complaints was being upheld and within 10 days, I will be receiving a cheque for £3318.62.

Quite amazed, especially as I think that with some other providers, who I had far bigger loans with, I could do quite well out of it.

Not bad for an hours work!

Back
Top Bottom