Pre-ordered a PS3 - that was easy

Associate
Well, I strolled into the trafford centre tonight, popped £50 deposit down at a well known chain and got a guaranteed launch day console. Didn't think it would be that easy. I can also get my deposit refunded if I want as well, so no risk.

Anybody else preordered?

Are shops planning a midnight launch?

cheers

Soldato
steMS said:
Well, I strolled into the trafford centre tonight, popped £50 deposit down at a well known chain and got a guaranteed launch day console. Didn't think it would be that easy. I can also get my deposit refunded if I want as well, so no risk.

Anybody else preordered?

cheers
Fifty squid :eek:

I hope they're 101% sure you'll get one on release day for that.

Soldato
lordrobs said:
Fifty squid :eek:

I hope they're 101% sure you'll get one on release day for that.

well its 50 quid off the overall price, its not a fee for pre ordering! I think its a good idea as it stops people pre ordering one from every shop.

Associate
OP
You mean the 8800 that is crippled in vista due to driver support and the DX10 that has precisely 0 games for it. Yeah, good plan.

Soldato
BFG_9000 said:
Would'nt waste money on a PS3.... Better off investing in 8800's and DX10 for gaming, seen demos of PS3's games :( not impressed.

Why is there always a troll in every sodding PS3 thread? I don't like the PS3 either, but sod off if you don't have anything constructive to say.

To the OP, I believe the reason it was fairly easy to pre-order is because there hasn't been too much hype to the general public about them as yet, and a lot of people have held off preorders due to the high cost.

But hope you get one :)

Soldato
JaFFa said:
well its 50 quid off the overall price, its not a fee for pre ordering! I think its a good idea as it stops people pre ordering one from every shop.
I realised that I was just thinking if you add up all the pre-orders in every store how much interest they could rake in :p

Its ok if its 100% for release day but they are going to be in so much trouble if they are sitting on peoples money and they can't deliver (although this would be Sony's fault, not the shops)

Your right though, previous console releases have been a shambles because of people pre-ordering in half a dozen places and then not bothering to cancel the others. Its annoying for both the stores and those trying to bag one on release day/week to have un-sold consoles sitting there that then aren't collected.

Associate
50 quid., thats nothing, ive ordered two from two different places to make sure i get one and had to pay up front for both, sods law says they will both come now so will have to lug one back to shop sharpish for a refund, rather than cancelling the one that doesnt arrive :p

Soldato
steMS said:

Anybody else preordered?

cheers

well i also paid £50 for ps3 but they said if not on day of release, you would get on next batch, and that could be months down the line, unless you was in front of the que, as this branch had que on saturday morning from 8am and started takeing orders 12am, day of release they said even if you pay £50 is not guarateed, loads of places are takeing pre orders but they wont deliver for sure.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Id have to ask what the catch is, all recent console launches have been a case of the stores not selling consoles on their own but you either buy it plus one of their bundles or you dont get it at all. I can just see launch day with people being made to fork over £150+ on top of the console for one of the bundles.

Soldato
Depends where your on about whether you will get one or not. The company i work for is taking £50 deposits, and will only take as many orders as we are getting stock. We are stayign open till 1am providing head office let us (we already have the people to do it, just need permission), rather than closing at our usual 9pm, so its gonna be a a mint night staying open for collections :D

Last edited:
Soldato
a mate went to a certain megastore in our town and 50 quid deposit and was told he was 12th on the list for one :/

makes me wonder how many theyre going to get considering its not a games shop and not in a big town

Soldato
Im 14th in one queue and 1st in another - and the chain of shops has now closed pre-orders as of midday yesterday so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I am hoping to get motorstorm and F1 and then buy a few downloads also. Hopefully there are enough hdmi cables available (I seem to remember cables being very hard to come by for months after the X360 launch)

Soldato
FrankJH said:
Im 14th in one queue and 1st in another - and the chain of shops has now closed pre-orders as of midday yesterday so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I am hoping to get motorstorm and F1 and then buy a few downloads also. Hopefully there are enough hdmi cables available (I seem to remember cables being very hard to come by for months after the X360 launch)

You can use any HDMI cable with the PS3 - so they wont be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom