Premier League Fixtures - 16/17th August (Spoilers)

If Berbatov really is off to Old Trafford within the next 24hrs, I don't see Ramos bringing him on at all. Depending on whether or not a deal is in place, and that it is in the final stages, he could possibly play for us tomorrow against Newcastle.

early days... also even tho arsenal won it wasn't exactly convincing

It was ridiculously convincing, we should, if Adebayor had an ounce of talent and Wenger had half a brain, finished it 5-0, but there was simply no question that we would win, thats where the convincing argument starts and stops. Adebayor has done two things, convinced himself he's a winger like Henry, despite being utterly incapable of beating his man(on a rare occasion anyone can do so but 99% of the attemps to go past someone fail miserably) he also thinks that shooting with the inside of his foot in a curling pass into the corner is the only way to shoot now. Complete tit he is and Wenger again wimped out and didn't try a almost full first team without adebayor but someone quality upfront. Theo again showed he isn't a winger and needs to play as the furthest player up the pitch. Nasri was quality, always ran into space, always, rarely gave the ball away protected the ball incredibly well and created and scored and some great through balls(unfortunately to the tall twit upfront).

Eboue, if he had the confidence to shoot and had scored a couple last year, would have had 2-3 of his own today. He defended brilliantly, held back, broke up play, rarely gave it away, pushed us forwards, won tackles, won freekicks and ran into the box very well on those occasions. I think he's at the point where he's desparate for a goal though which makes him just overpower his shots, like Clichy's been shooting from 30 yards wildly all preseason for the same reason.

If Berbatov really is off to Old Trafford within the next 24hrs, I don't see Ramos bringing him on at all. Depending on whether or not a deal is in place, and that it is in the final stages, he could possibly play for us tomorrow against Newcastle.

I don't think he'd have been on the bench if he's expected to sign for us sometime today.

West Ham 2 - 1 Wigan, Amr Zaki.

Interested in Zaki because the world press has touted him as the next big thing but the hype hasn't reached our shores yet. Probably because he plays for Wigan.

It was ridiculously convincing, we should, if Adebayor had an ounce of talent and Wenger had half a brain, finished it 5-0, but there was simply no question that we would win, thats where the convincing argument starts and stops. Adebayor has done two things, convinced himself he's a winger like Henry, despite being utterly incapable of beating his man(on a rare occasion anyone can do so but 99% of the attemps to go past someone fail miserably) he also thinks that shooting with the inside of his foot in a curling pass into the corner is the only way to shoot now. Complete tit he is and Wenger again wimped out and didn't try a almost full first team without adebayor but someone quality upfront. Theo again showed he isn't a winger and needs to play as the furthest player up the pitch. Nasri was quality, always ran into space, always, rarely gave the ball away protected the ball incredibly well and created and scored and some great through balls(unfortunately to the tall twit upfront).

Eboue, if he had the confidence to shoot and had scored a couple last year, would have had 2-3 of his own today. He defended brilliantly, held back, broke up play, rarely gave it away, pushed us forwards, won tackles, won freekicks and ran into the box very well on those occasions. I think he's at the point where he's desparate for a goal though which makes him just overpower his shots, like Clichy's been shooting from 30 yards wildly all preseason for the same reason.

well i didnt watch the match just going on what the soccer saturday pundits said

Back
Top Bottom