Premier League Fixtures - 16/17th August (Spoilers)

That's a good result without a few key players, should have been more goals though. So many poor shots.

That turn and outside-boot shot from RvP at the end would have been class had it gone in :D

p.s. I still think Adebayor is poor, he's doing nothing to convince me otherwise. So wasteful, lots of bad decisions.

Last edited:
Anyone other than me secretly pining for a 90th minute winner for Boro against Spurs like at Sunderland on last seasons opening day? :D

Another preseason of hype smashed back to reality in 90 mins.

Not bad from Arsenal, MOTM Nasri for me or even Eboue (apart from his shots) :eek:

Was impressed by Miller and Kim for WBA, think they will stop up tbh.

Adebayor was terrible today, I agree.

Well at least we got three points which is the main thing.

Back four still worry me though, they are still struggling against the long ball and were saved by offside on a few of them.

Eboue looked good with the ball but he should never be allowed to think that he has a licence to shoot. I completely agree with the plank comment.

Nasri looked like a young ljungberg, despite his small frame he held off people well and the ball was sticking to his feet. And also picked up the number 8 shirt and carried on the goal scoring that it carries. I thought that he fought like a terrier on and off the ball and had a bite infront of goal.

Ade still looks like he thinks he should be wearing the barca shirt and thinks he is "Da Man" but by his shots on goal he was more like "Da girl". He makes promising runs and then copies eboues shooting technique. Plus when is he going to learn the offside rule, surely after all this time he would realise that its a weak part of his game.

All in all, it was a good result but it will be nice when players like fab and rosicky return.

Nasri is fantastic, what an exciting prospect. He has everything, strength, skill, great first touch, some brilliant through balls, he can dribble, he gets back and fights for the ball. I'll stop :D, but what a buy!

I noticed this a bit last season, but now that Almunia seems to have escaped from being under Lehmann he really has grown. He's starting to become a lot more vocal and encouraging to his team mates. Today he told the captain to stop bickering which I thought was a wise move. I'm starting to really wish Wenger would take the armband away from him. But now that Toure isn't back to full fitness (or playing on the right/somewhere like today) I'm not sure who else should have it.

Back
Top Bottom