Premium Bonds - If you post to say how much you've won, please also say how much you have invested.

Soldato
So apparently when after the first month of hitting £50k and no longer able to contribute your chances of winning are less

For me anyway. I knew that would happen :/

Nothing on £50k

I was winning pretty much every month when I was able to put some in

Still says my last winning was sept

I guess I have had a few 100, 125, 150 payments though.. if this happens in 3 consecutive months I may move it somewhere where it's more gaurenteed

If you look at this month's big winners you'll see that someone from north east Scotland withdrew then reinvested their full 50k in August 23 and they won 25k this month. Clearly better to get newer bonds to win again ;)

Soldato
If you look at this month's big winners you'll see that someone from north east Scotland withdrew then reinvested their full 50k in August 23 and they won 25k this month. Clearly better to get newer bonds to win again ;)

Yeh I was thinking about taking maybe 10k or 20k out and reinvesting. Also thought that maybe you had a chance if you didn't withdraw anything out and held it in but I guess it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeh I was thinking about taking maybe 10k or 20k out and reinvesting. Also thought that maybe you had a chance if you didn't withdraw anything out and held it in but I guess it doesn't matter.

We had a 2nd account this month with max holding. All funds were deposited in August, so this was the first fraw we qualified. We got nothing on it!

Soldato
We had a 2nd account this month with max holding. All funds were deposited in August, so this was the first we qualified. We got nothing on it!

Just down to luck
I'm building up some savings on the side to put in to something which has interest return

Will see what happens with the premium bonds next few months. If they are not earning I may move some moneyno idea where to move it though other than an ISA

Last edited:
Associate
I don't think that is correct, you can't tell that someone has sold and re-invested from the list. You can tell where someone has won this month from winnings that have been automatically invested from the previous draw, they would be winners where their Purchase date is Sep-23, there are 3 of those. Normally a purchase in September wouldn't be eligible until the November draw, but auto invested winnings from September draw would be eligible for the October draw.

Associate
So apparently when after the first month of hitting £50k and no longer able to contribute your chances of winning are less

For me anyway. I knew that would happen :/

Nothing on £50k

I was winning pretty much every month when I was able to put some in

Still says my last winning was sept

I guess I have had a few 100, 125, 150 payments though.. if this happens in 3 consecutive months I may move it somewhere where it's more gaurenteed

I did this a few months ago. Returns dropped below 3%, pulled £20k out dumped it into an ISA just under 6%. Less chance to win the million but at least it's guaranteed returns.

I have long had the thought that it is the newer bonds that are likely to win as in the past I've noticed when buying a lump I'd win the following month more often than not. I'm feeding in £190 a month currently but have won nothing the past two months. The lumps I was putting into bonds in the past was however thousands, not a couple of hundred.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom