Premium Bonds - If you post to say how much you've won, please also say how much you have invested.

Yeah I could get £55 a month from a 5% savings account now so considering whether to come out of premium bonds.

Back when I saved up my house deposit in premium bonds the interest rates were crap so it was worth it just to hope for a big prize. But now, not so much.

Just seen this thread and its made me think back, my parents bought me some premium bonds about 20 years ago. Not much, about £1k, but worth looking into! Looks like you can ask them to search for accounts you've lost details for so going to start that process. Not expecting much, but even the original amount would be nice.

Personally I think I'd take the money out and put it in my stocks and shares ISA, I'm up roughly 16.5% in 2024 already so much better return than others here are getting on Premium Bonds.

£175 on max: 3x£50 and 1x£25.

£1,900 for the year so far = 3.8%, so it's not that bad really if you take a taxed interest rate it's about the same. This was bolstered by a single £1,000 win though!

Back
Top Bottom