Premium Bonds - If you post to say how much you've won, please also say how much you have invested.

Soldato
When people are refering to years? are you refering to year to date, calandar year or tax year? I normally go by tax year.
The so called interest rate for PB this tax year has been creeping up, so far I've doubled what I've won from last year but I was only in the draw for about 8 months last year.

Soldato
Is anyone having problems logging in to the NS&I website? I've tried a few times but after I enter the one time passcode it keeps taking back to login screen.

Associate
When people are refering to years? are you refering to year to date, calandar year or tax year? I normally go by tax year.
The so called interest rate for PB this tax year has been creeping up, so far I've doubled what I've won from last year but I was only in the draw for about 8 months last year.
Calendar year. Since its tax free it's just to get an idea of what % you're making.

Associate
but surely you're comparing the % against what you could get from intreast from a savings, isa and stocks and shares which is the fiscal year?
Not really I just compare against the %.
If I have a grand in savings earning 5%, that's 5% over 12 months. What matters is when you put it in, not the start of the tax year.

I always keep my taxable interest below the 500 quid limit, so I don't have the added faff of having to declare the interest on my tax return and having to pay tax on it.

Soldato
When people are talking about the annual rate of return, shouldn't it be over the last 12 months? Or if you have been invested for less than that then an annualised figure e.g. for 3 months of winnings you would multiply by 12/3 divided by the value of your premium bonds. Obviously gets a bit more complicated for people who are buying and selling bonds during the period in question.

Associate
After winning £175 and £250 the past 2 draws I only got £50 this month. Better than nowt I suppose.

YTD from January on 30k invested is £1,050 so 3.5%.

Soldato
Iv had a good streak over the past year. Especially in last 5 months. But last month I only won £50

I feel like December is my month. Million smackaroos coming my way I know it

Back
Top Bottom