Pressure washer recommendations

Soldato
My Nilfisk P150.2 is over 10 years old now. Ive replaced the hose once (small pinhole peak) and put a new hose reel handle on. Spare parts are widely available!

The only thing broken is the detergent bottle, unit doesn't take anything up through it anymore. Non issue for me as I never really use it.

I gave it a hot supper this weekend, about 3.5 hours of 90% duty cycle and it just keeps going.

Soldato
Kranzle commercial are good units, dunno about the domestic range. If people have the space for a well maintained commercial one they are in a different league. I have a retirement home for overworked, abused and generally knackered steam cleaners here :) Amongst the winter jobs are renovating two of the best ones as they are both far too good to scrap or part out. But they were on last winter's list too...
I bought a old works one - it wasn't till I was loading it on trailer one mechanic said do you have 110v -Oh ***** - got a transformer but it wasn't big enough - sold it to a farmer who snapped my hand off.

There ya go-- life!

Soldato
Seeing as I don't have a pressure washer.. May as well try this before the washer
Just because I found the pics earlier:

BEFORE Patio Magic:
DbSkcBn.jpg

AFTER Patio magic (+ like almost a year):
xWV3B17.jpg

Zero scrubbing or jet washing at all. You don't get the same "instant" satisfaction as jet washing, but by looking at the pics, you can see what a massive difference it made.

Soldato
I have used wet and Forget, I prefer to apply it after cleaning, helps kill off anything left over, and seems to help it last longer before it needs doing again

Soldato
I use the base chemical in Wet ‘n’ Forget on roofs with excellent results. It does take time to see the effects (a couple months at least) but it does work and works well

Associate
I used my grass strimmer with metal brush attachment to clean the dirty patio, and it was far more efficient and faster than power hosing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Karcher k7 wasn't touching it - just burning electricity&water

maybe patio magic would have worked too - 13-14% bleach diluted at 25% applied with watering can and scrubbing brush, used about 2L for 30M2
Northerly aspect - 5+ years growth - gloves, also glasses whilst mixing.

Left access section after finally delicately doing bit near grass.

e: now need to decide if I will garden spray lighter dilution of bleach onto fence panels that are greenish
e2: also what a longer term continual maintenance of paving will be.

53524806114_e5a5f3fdaf_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom