Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Prices don't change after you order them. If you get 30 days, you will be invoiced 30 days later for the amount you ordered on your purchase order. Suppliers don't take your order, ship you the goods and then come invoice time add another charge for currency changes.

Most large resellers buy direct, priced in USD.

Soldato
Prices don't change after you order them. If you get 30 days, you will be invoiced 30 days later for the amount you ordered on your purchase order. Suppliers don't take your order, ship you the goods and then come invoice time add another charge for currency changes.

If the order is in dollars the cost in pounds can change.

Suppliers won't be doing the currency change. They expect payment in their prefered currency.

When the company I work for supplies to the EU we charge in GBP so the cost to them can change with the rate.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think you have much concept of how business works...the drop in the pound has an immediate impact on their orders with vendors because everything is done in dollars, so when the pound drops, things cost more to import.

The £ has gone back to last weeks rate after the drop this morning, OCUK have stuck the prices up but haven't again dropped them. Competitors have kept their 1080 prices the same as yesterday.

Associate
Fair, enough. I buy direct from a few places and my terms and conditions on my purchase orders are that the price on the PO is the price I will pay when I get invoiced. I have never known anyone to change the price after a PO has been accepted. A re-quote sure.

Caporegime
30 days terms in general, so no, we don't pay on delivery. The dollar (which everything is priced in eventually) is 5 cents lower right now than when we last bought and it's still moving up and down hourly.

We've priced in a buffer against future volatility but can adjust this as things (hopefully) stabilise over the coming week. I doubt this is going to be a good thing for any UK reseller.

But you are invoiced for Pallit in pounds sterling and they are in stock. So why put them up?

Soldato
But you are invoiced for Pallit in pounds sterling and they are in stock. So why put them up?

it was a global rise, not done in fine detail. We're currently looking at pricing in more detail as product managers get to grips with their own groups. It's a big job and the usd is still up and down (right now, downwards).

Soldato
So they have to pay within 30 days?

But does that not mean they could pay when the exchange rate is favorable within that 30 day period ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom