Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
haha said this earlier there is hardly any difference.quite sad really.vote with wallets.till the prices adjust.

infact if you think about how enraged some are about the vote and how its gone the last thing you should want to be doing is gouging now.you could lose more than you gain.customer wise.

Soldato
Thats a bit silly? if they could leverage their margins to be better by picking best time to pay ?

They do. It's just that the best time to pay is often the last minute because until then, the money can be working for you somewhere else ...

Soldato
haha said this earlier there is hardly any difference.quite sad really.vote with wallets.till the prices adjust.

infact if you think about how enraged some are about the vote and how its gone the last thing you should want to be doing is gouging now.you could lose more than you gain.customer wise.

Well it's been decided to put all pricing (except for CPU) back to normal for the time being. When Gibbo gets back in the office later I'm sure he'll review CPUs in detail but it's his judgement call as there's so little margin on them even a small dollar shift makes them a loss-leader.

Soldato
Thats a bit silly? if they could leverage their margins to be better by picking best time to pay ?

The best time to buy dollars is when the rate is highest! The problem is you don't know when that is.

Dollar was what, 1.43/1.44 yesterday? It hit 1.50 after positive poll results and then crashed straight back to 1.43 after the first leave results. Now it's 1.37.

If remain vote won it could be sitting at 1.55 or higher now so committing at 1.43 would have been a bad move. Currency speculation isn't our industry and any forward commitments are just an insurance policy and an expensive one if it moves against you.

Soldato
Don't forget retail stock is generally valued at replacement cost, thus if the replacement price goes up then the value of your stock goes up. Therefore the price goes up as you essentially can not re-buy the product again if you sell it for under the replacement cost, if you didn't follow that you will run into to cash flow issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
I find it hilarious that people who voted Leave are complaining about price spikes when they were informed that the economy would take a hit!

OcUK is a business and needs to adjust its prices in accordance to the market.

Soldato
would OCUK not have agreed a purchase price with the supplier before the dollar rates changed? so surely price changes should only hit new stock?

Associate
Question is should i buy now or wait? i want to buy a new pc but with the unstable market and currency exchange rate i don't know. Will prices continue to rise?

Soldato
They already have. 1070/1080 prices have gone up.

TBH what average working class person with a family can afford to spend that much money on current prices of them anyway? I think that those who can afford them are not really going to take much notice of a price increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom