Pro Cycling Discussion 2021

Soldato
Back to Matt Stevens and Brian Smith. 1 hr 35 in apologising for sound issues.

Seeing GVA drilling it on the front and tennis serve screams was pretty funny!

Soldato
Something weird happened on the GCN stream towards the end. Matt Stephens disappeared and I think I could hear Rochelle Gilmore instead for the rest of it...

Soldato
OP
Womens race sounded fantastic! Good to see these races being won by unexpected winners! Dutch would have definitely had that as a guaranteed Gold! on to the MTB tomorrow!

Soldato
Womens race sounded fantastic! Good to see these races being won by unexpected winners! Dutch would have definitely had that as a guaranteed Gold! on to the MTB tomorrow!

While i'm all the women in pro cycling it does kind of explain why it doesnt get the attention that they moan about when it comes to being level with the mens.

There is no way that that would have happened in the mens race it was just down right amateurish. I've seen better tactics and know how in a cat 3 local crit.

Soldato
OP
I don't know how no one in the Dutch camp was aware and relayed it to the riders through the feed zone or via the car. Surely they've dropped back at some point in that last period.

Wouldn't say it wouldn't ever happen, some of the previous tour of Britains have done the same. You take away the radios and it causes carnage because they're so reliant on them. Makes it much more interesting!

Soldato
OP
Pidcock absolutely smashing up the mtb race to win the gold! Won by a mile. Mvdp looks like he could have broken a few bones with a big off on the first lap!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
No radios in Olympic racing i believe its down to the riders, could be wrong though.

Draft legal triathlon is down to the courses being quite twisty and allows for a more a spectator friendly event.

Soldato
OP
As much as the Dutch riders are moaning about lack of radios being the reason I think part of it deep down is arrogance because they have been so dominant for so long they just assume they're stronger than everyone else out there!

Missed the tts this morning but seen the results. That is some ride by Roglic! With those climbs the course did suit him against those other pure tters! But to put that much time in to everyone is impressive!

Soldato
OP
Pogacar extends for another 5 years and UAE throwing a lot of money about it seems! Big transfer market this year with a real shift from the old guard!

Soldato
OP
Hardly surprising to see Sam Bennett going back to bora, worlds worst kept secret. Lefevres comments once again showing he's a neanderthal! The guy is a grade a idiot.

Sagan to total is an interesting move to see what else they do to support him, obviously got a lot of money to spend with Totals backing. Will bora stay on specialized? As sagan has taken them with him it seems.

Soldato
OP
Amazing ride! When we went off the front at 1.25k it went from 0.4 to the good to being a second down, then he gets back on with 750 to go and a second down and works it back, absolute beast! So glad to see them win over the Danes after that guys outburst yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom