problem with concealed cistern (toilet) in a constant state of flushing / pouring water

Soldato
I'd always wondered what would happen if you actually need access with a toilet like this.

In my flat we have similar, but there is a shelf above the toilet in the small alcove behind it. The instructions for the flat implied that if you ever needed to get into it, you would need some kind of powerful pressure sucker thing which can remove the shelf which is hiding the cistern. I assume it's something plumbers would have.

Associate
I had the exact same issue (damn new builds) but before calling the agent I found a way in! The top shelf slides off (very heavy) so I was able to access the inside and stop the flow. I wouldn’t have thought of that it if it wasn’t for this thread so thanks guys!!!

Associate
My house was built in 1988 and has 3 of these back to wall toilets but luckily they all have a shelf for access. Unfortunately none of the cistern tanks can be removed because they didn't leave enough room and the tank needs to be removed to change the flusher.
Ensuite's been out of action for a while now because the flusher went but the bathroom needs replacing anyway and I don't fancy making good a pink tiled bathroom with pink fittings :o

Back
Top Bottom