1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project - 37a (Wendyhouse)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Steveocee, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Thekwango

Capodecina

and subbed.......i ain't losing you again :p

2. Steveocee

Soldato

Disappointingly the seller has just emailed me and they aren't able to get the LP brackets I need for 2 of the cards so the project is back on hold.
    Have some other bits on order though so all isn't lost yet.

3. Steveocee

Soldato

Bank holiday has been and gone and with it the PC got an end of summer upgrade. I was hasty initially in buying into Z370 and bought a fairly low end board. That has now been removed and in it's place a "staple" of the 9th Gen platform, the Aorus Z390 Pro. Surprisingly the swap went really well with no problems, even booted first time!!

Ordered at 3PM on Friday and with the FREE forum member shipping it arrived before 11AM Saturday!!! @Gibbo please pass on my appreciation for that!
    [​IMG]

Installed
    [​IMG]

Switched on
    [​IMG]

Close up :)
    [​IMG]

This was literally "thrown" together to get it back up and running, I am intending on de-lidding soon so I can hopefully push it up to 5Ghz with reasonable temps.

4. Andybtsn

Don

I found this thread from your unfortunate thread in GD. Enjoyed reading all this and seeing the pics. Fantastic work! My man cave is in the house but because my wife games I made room for her too :p

5. Kyrne

Hitman

Indeed. No way you can sell after building this beast.

Just pay some John Wick type fellownto off the ***** next door.

6. Steveocee

Soldato

Small shuffle around. Feels a lot tidier now and being as the new job allows me to work from home now and again, is ideal.

Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-----

Also whilst everything was pulled apart I pulled the 8700K out and delidded it. Not done any real testing yet but on a quick ROG stress I'm seeing a 15-18 degree drop.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Thekwango

Capodecina

nice work fella......now that you're done faffing about get yourself back on to Apex!! :p

8. Montala

Mobster

It looks nothink like a "Wendyhouse" now... lovely job though! :)

9. Steveocee

Soldato

I know. I'm struggling to get down time ATM :( When I do get it I end up doing silly things like pulling the cave apart or pulling the CPU apart. I'll be on soon, like really soon! Haven't played new map yet even.

Thank you :) The Wendyhouse was a nickname the Mrs gave it initially. It's now just referred to as "the cave".

10. thisandthat

Associate

this was awesome.
    an inspiration for others..... thx for sharing.

11. Steveocee

Soldato

Little tiddly bit of an update on the PC front.
    Thanks to @Illuminist for another set of 8Pack RAM so I'm now at 32GB and thankyou fo me for a 9900K. It wasn't "all" simple as the i9 needed a bit of a tweak to get working (LLC) but seems to be OK now and is ready and waiting for a nudge up the frequency ladder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Wegason

Gangster

That is a lot of CPU upgrades in the past couple of years. I love the mancave, certainly not a wendy house, wish mine had windows!

How deep that desk? I've always found Ikea desks and desktops to be too shallow for my liking at 60cm deep, my previous desk was too shallow for me at 55cm and I got a new one was 1.8m wide and 80cm deep.

13. Alan1969

Wise Guy

nice looking wendyhouse.

14. Steveocee

Soldato

The desk is a worktop, from Ikea, I think it's 65 or 68 cm deep. Plenty enough for my stubby little legs lol.

Thank you. Thinking about a fresh new look this year. Sky blue outside and then black ceiling inside?

15. Alan1969

Wise Guy

is the mic used for a youtube channel? do you want to tell us what it is so you can a few more subscribers/viewers?

16. Alan1969

Wise Guy

I have a miniature schnoodle (mini schnauzer/min poodle) that looked like your dog about 4yrs ago. now that she is 4yrs old she has gone grey - sleeps in various beds like that around the house though..

17. Steveocee

Soldato

It's mostly for discord/team chat but occasionally I use it for work (voice recording). I did used to do a few YouTube tutorial videos on MikroTik and I have no shame about plugging my channel https://www.youtube.com/c/steveoceecouk

Yeah she's just turned 2, most placid dog I've ever known, barely moves out of her bed.

18. Alan1969

Wise Guy

our dog goes bonkers when theres someone at the door or if a tall man (yes the dog can tall the difference between human men & women) tries to enter the house - as the schnauzers were bred as alpine sheepdogs to protect the flock. Doesn't your protect your wendyhouse against visitors?