Project: Bad Kitty

Associate
This looks nice.
I am still fighting with myself.
290. 780. 290. 780.
Can't decide.
Oh, and for the record it will be x3 Xfire/SLI.
Seeing how many choices you had and how many attempts to make it work... Well, I am very afraid :D I am glad it finally works for you.

Soldato
OP
This looks nice.
I am still fighting with myself.
290. 780. 290. 780.
Can't decide.
Oh, and for the record it will be x3 Xfire/SLI.
Seeing how many choices you had and how many attempts to make it work... Well, I am very afraid :D I am glad it finally works for you.

290 is great :p.

This is my uni eng score with all stock.

1618407_10152033532683264_1237590704_n.jpg

Soldato
OP
Welp looks like the PSU or motherboard is not up to crossfire.

All I get are crashes and full screen artifacts when I run the cards in crossfire.

Ive tested them individually and it seems either the mobo is at fault or the PSU.

-_-

Soldato
Shame your hitting hurdles every other step. S'pose that's the fun of it and luckily OCUK have are very good for returns! The ram looks beautiful glowing. How long till you get 2 more sticks for your own party? :D

Soldato
OP
Shame your hitting hurdles every other step. S'pose that's the fun of it and luckily OCUK have are very good for returns! The ram looks beautiful glowing. How long till you get 2 more sticks for your own party? :D

Haha I know its a nightmare, I have just Rma'd the motherboard and the power supply :(.

I will get another 2 when they get back and I have got the 290's to run stable in crossfire and fitted the blocks lol!

So much to do! so many drama's.

:O

Associate
Ha.
My dramas will start next week as well.
Secured some funds from annual bonus, just enough to start building.
My neighbours are going to learn few new polish words again ( my swearing, lol ).

Permabanned
What other hiccups have you had? I ask as I saw you asking about the 6gb 780's (that's how I ended up here) and wondered what's going on as I'm considering either a 6gb Nv card or a 290x with the plan of adding a second card in the future.

I did my first build around 18 months ago which was on air (although I've since added an all-in-one for the cpu) and I'm considering making this one my first water loop build, probably in this case which I would have had for the first build in if it had been around when I built it (I used Corsair's C70).

So why the change of plan's was it not living up to your expectations?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
What other hiccups have you had? I ask as I saw you asking about the 6gb 780's (that's how I ended up here) and wondered what's going on as I'm considering either a 6gb Nv card or a 290x with the plan of adding a second card in the future.

I did my first build around 18 months ago which was on air (although I've since added an all-in-one for the cpu) and I'm considering making this one my first water loop build, probably in this case which I would have had for the first build in if it had been around when I built it (I used Corsair's C70).

So why the change of plan's was it not living up to your expectations?

The change of plan bud?

You mean going from 780ti to 290's?

I just got those cards refunded and I ordered a EVGA 780ti now and the waterblock so I can finally finish this build haha!

Permabanned
The change of plan bud?

You mean going from 780ti to 290's?

I just got those cards refunded and I ordered a EVGA 780ti now and the waterblock so I can finally finish this build haha!

Hi,
Why did you move back and why not wait on the 6gb ti's?

That last bit's probably been answered by the long delay, but I'm interested in what was wrong with the 290's. I almost ordered the first 6gb 780 but seeing as EVGA are looking at a 6gb ti release I want to wait and see what they offer before making a final choice on the card and brand. I've got to wait on devils canyon anyway. My current build uses a 4770k and a 780 Classified.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hi,
Why did you move back and why not wait on the 6gb ti's?

That last bit's probably been answered by the long delay, but I'm interested in what was wrong with the 290's. I almost ordered the first 6gb 780 but seeing as EVGA are looking at a 6gb ti release I want to wait and see what they offer before making a final choice on the card and brand. I've got to wait on devils canyon anyway. My current build uses a 4770k and a 780 Classified.

Well the two 290's basically never worked in my system without crashing and that was the main reason.

I had a 290x in the beginning of the build with came DOA too. The only card ive had NO issue with is the 780 Ti I had somewhere inbetween which was amazing and so now im going back to it after waiting to be credit for the 290's :)

Got myself a Evga 780ti superclocked :)

Back
Top Bottom