Project - Bandit

Captain Stupid

What's that? Did I check that I'd put the wires on the right coils when I took them out to re-do the leads? Of course I did.

*ahem*

Well at least she's running now :rolleyes:

That was a late night! Only just got back, I got a tad carried away with cleaning and waxing the panels!

Here's what's completed so far -

All the bodywork
Engine
Electrics
Seats
Front lights
Wheels
Brakes

Still to do -

Sort out a sheered manifold bolt
Assemble everything
Sort out the indicators
Tune up the engine as it's running very rough at the moment

Almost done! :d

And the results of tonights efforts -

Rear panels, complete with custom made Bandit graphics

DSC00123.jpg

DSC001222.jpg

Re-coloured side panels. They look sooooo much better with white rather than silver

DSC00125.jpg

Front Fender. Took forever and the finish still isn't perfect, I think it's to do with the crap plastic it's made from but it looks alright.

DSC00124.jpg

Custom made grips. Standard black Motrax grips, I added a mixture of white paint and epoxy to the pattern to make them fit in better.

DSC00126.jpg

And finally the tank, finished at long last! Just needs the fuel cap to top it off. It's been done in white, I'm just waiting for the top coat to cure

DSC00127.jpg

I've also finished the new seats tonight. The old ones were getting old and weren't cutting it for any great distance anymore so I've re-done the foam. They're now thicker and have been re-shaped to help avoid me crushing my nuts every time I brake hard. Also re-covered them in fresh leather (well... leather effect pvc but it still looks great!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom