Project : Black Ice (reborn)

Man of Honour
OP
Not really m8, been busy reviewing lots of i7 goodies so this project is on the back burner for the moment until I decide which way I want to go with the components. However, after just running a few results it appears that the QX9770 is actually better for gaming than the i7 920:eek:. So I may have made a mistake putting the internals of this rig up for sale:o.

Done a bit of cable tidying and I might have to sort some extra venting in the WC compartment as its getting how down there (think a 140mm front mounted fan might do the trick nicely) so that's next on the list.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
It's not just the CPU's, the prices of the motherboards are just, well, ridiculous tbh. I know it's new hardware but honestly, £300+ for the rampage is silly. Even the cheaper boards are £200+. Imo the core components(mobo, cpu, ram) need to drop £100 each before the performance increase becomes worthwhile.

Soldato
Why bother with extremes? If you can get such good motherboards and RAM why not buy 4 lower end cpus, find the sweetest clocker and sell the other 3?

Love the look of the build so far.

Soldato
IMG_2082.jpg

What make/model is that Hard drive caddy you have used? Im looking for a new one and that seems to suit the case

Back
Top Bottom