Project : Black Ice (reborn)

Man of Honour
OP
Should be but I can always cut some holes in the bottom for intake fans and have the Yates on the rad as exhausts. I'll experiment with airflow once I've done the cable tidying

I'm not overly concerned with extremely cool temps so long as they are within the bounds of sanity;).

Soldato
Looks awesome mate, nice to see the black tubing looks good as I've got some sat here waiting to go into a mod :) Im doing so for silence and aesthetics rather than performance though.

Which EK chipset blocks are you using? Don't suppose you could let me know the diagonal distance between the mounting holes ? Im at a loss finding a chipset block for my DFI 680i SB :(

Man of Honour
OP
No can do m8, its all plumbed in now. The 790i ones are VERY specific tho as no others will fit so it wouldn't help you anyway.

The make you want to be looking for for DFI boards are 'Mips' - they seem to cater for all DFI models.

Soldato
No can do m8, its all plumbed in now. The 790i ones are VERY specific tho as no others will fit so it wouldn't help you anyway.

The make you want to be looking for for DFI boards are 'Mips' - they seem to cater for all DFI models.

Yeah, got the NB mips block as that's very specific, but the other is just a generic block and people have gone to say NF4 blocks fit but seem to talk mostly about the EVGA :( which is different.

EDIT - the EK NB/SB Asus is 53mm :D great success !

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah the standard EK Asus NB/SB block should fit, just make sure the holes are the right way around, if not you may need the EK Asus 1.

Back
Top Bottom