Project Cars game of the year vs Project Cars 2

Soldato
Hello All,

I've got two Rifts in the house for multiplayer VR, I've built up games on both over the last year but somehow managed to buy Project Cars game of the year on one account and Project Cars 2 on the other! (I know I'm an idiot!). I've not played either much so am not sure which is best (in VR). basically in the black friday sales which one should I pick up to race multiplayer in?

Advice appreciated...

Associate
Pc2 came with vr as standard afaik where as pc1 was integrated. Pc2 is the latest so would make sense it's the most supportive?

Have you tried dirt? I think its far more realistic in tetms of speed and fun and can get copies for probably still half the price of a pc2

Soldato
OP
Cheers, yeah I'v got Dirt on one of them...pretty sure I picked up both Project Car games for £9.99 (each) so don't mind spending that again, I thought Dirt was OK but some mates struggled with motion sickness with it...

Associate
Yeah I've heard dirt can be hit or miss but I've never really had sickness with vr games other than a couple times on skyrim.

I dont have pc1 by the way so take my views with a pinch of salt

Soldato
£15 is very much worth it for all the single player stuff. The single player structure is immense, the championships, tracks and amount of cars is fantastic.

The DLC is currently on sale, do you get everything released (dlc wise) with the season pass? I want the Ferrari for the 355, but would happily get the pass for all of it.

Soldato
For me PC1 feels better at the moment, but I spent a lot more time getting it setup how I wanted, not done the same with PC2 yet.

When I get some spare time I will go through the PC2 settings, out of the box the cars just dont feel right, neither did PC1, its mostly due to the feedback settings, once dialled in though if PC1 is anything to go by then PC2 should be just as epic in VR :D

Soldato
If ever you were a fan of F355 Challenge, the arcade game or it's console conversions, then you owe it to yourself it to punt on the Ferrari DLC.

Behind the wheel in VR is everything you always wanted if you were a fan of the triple screen cab.

Soldato
If ever you were a fan of F355 Challenge, the arcade game or it's console conversions, then you owe it to yourself it to punt on the Ferrari DLC.

Behind the wheel in VR is everything you always wanted if you were a fan of the triple screen cab.
Was driving this car last night it was awesome. Osw + vr + tactile feedback + manual shifter = :D

Soldato
So I've got a 1070 and it plays "OK" on VR. But if I upgraded to a 1080ti or a 2080ti, how much of a noticeable increase in quality would I get in VR in this game? Considering an upgrade.

Got SS set to about 1.4 and most of the unnecessary settings set to lower to improve frames, but starting to wonder how much better it could look if I had a beefier card.

Associate
I bought a 2080Ti for this very purpose, and it's very smooth, can set most options to high and add a few more cars on the grid with a little better AA applied compared with my 1080.

And then my 2080Ti died. So I'd say go with the 1080Ti.

Soldato
I bought a 2080Ti for this very purpose, and it's very smooth, can set most options to high and add a few more cars on the grid with a little better AA applied compared with my 1080.
And then my 2080Ti died. So I'd say go with the 1080Ti.

Thanks for the response.

Is it still a bit of a struggle with rain and at night?

Back
Top Bottom