Project Cars on Titan X with Vive help Deciding Please

Soldato
I have no experience of the Vive but PCars on my Rift and 1080 is amazing, I have spent more time in PCars than any other VR title including Elite Dangerious. I did take a while to get the settings right, might be worth taking a look in the PCars settings thread.

This all on my old FX8350 :D

Associate
OP
I have no experience of the Vive but PCars on my Rift and 1080 is amazing, I have spent more time in PCars than any other VR title including Elite Dangerious. I did take a while to get the settings right, might be worth taking a look in the PCars settings thread.

This all on my old FX8350 :D

Yeah I messed with the settings a lot but as with everyone else it won't stay above 90fps even on a 1080. Seen reviews saying the same. It does run well in reprojection but my goal is to build a pc that will work above 90fps and last me for a couple of years without upgrading

Associate
OP
Agree Project Cars is known for being CPU intensive. 1080 > Titan X for one game or so all I can say is Doh!

Overclocking CPU more would have been better and cheaper.

Nvidia taking a return of the unused titan card so I can save some cash and buy a 1080ti. Just waiting on the RMA. They better not mess me about haha. The guy on the phone said no problem. I'm still painting my new case so no rush as long as I get rid of it I can pre order a ti.

Didn't expect the ti to be better than a titan... I could live with the £ difference if the titan was slightly better but to release a ti that's basically better for half the price will make for many many unhappy nvidia fanboys. I'll definately be moving to amd for my pc again as soon as it's required. They must be bricking it looking at the vega specs etc... to drop priced this early. Tactical as they want people to say oh well no need to wait for vega now. As bad as intel.

Associate
OP
Just to bring this back from the dead for info... I said the titan for a Ti before I opened it and was refunded the difference. I think a good bit of any issues ii was having that nobody could help me with were to do with the rendering pipeline which I read on Reddit. Leaving always on reprojection checked when playing seated games gives the gpu longer to render it's frame. It is possible I was having timing issues.

I have pcars 2 now and it runs great on the Ti and I am very happy compared to the 1080.

Cheers guys

Back
Top Bottom