Project Cars VR Thread

Associate
I can't get any sound out of PCARS when I run it in VR mode for the Oculus. It's OK if I run it the old fashioned way. Any clues as to what's wrong? Was OK with the DK2 but then of course that didn't include a sound device to mess it up.

Associate
I can't get any sound out of PCARS when I run it in VR mode for the Oculus. It's OK if I run it the old fashioned way. Any clues as to what's wrong? Was OK with the DK2 but then of course that didn't include a sound device to mess it up.

You need to go into playback devices by right clicking on the speaker in the taskbar and select the Rift Headphones. Only Oculus Home stuff is able to auto select the Rift headphones.

Soldato
Are the back wheels of the most cars supposed to not look round? In Assetto Corsa they are round and spin like wheels should, in pcars they do not move and are not even round!

Associate
That is just from your perspective in car looking at your own wheels.

Cars in front of you look ok don't they.

From cockpit view you would not normally see your own rear wheels so why waste processing power on them.

Soldato
You need to go into playback devices by right clicking on the speaker in the taskbar and select the Rift Headphones. Only Oculus Home stuff is able to auto select the Rift headphones.

If you are using Steam VR you can go to settings and make it default to Rift headphones any time Steam VR is running!

Soldato
Such a good game for £11.69. Glad I paid £24 for it last week! (it was the goty edition) God knows who buys stuff on the Oculus store for £39.99

Soldato
Well worth it for £11.69. The GOTY edition includes all the other DLC cars and tracks and is worth the extra (on cd keys) for £23.99 in my opinion.

Associate
I'm really loving this game in VR, I've got 16hrs using a Vive and 360 controller. I have spent ages fiddling with settings and super sampling but I really struggle with any super sampling over 1.0 (GTX 970). The biggest setting change I made was to reduce gamma from 80 to 30 which made the game much better, I was getting blinded on 80.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I tried your settings with SS at 1.5 and it didn't like aniso at 16x. Dropped it to 4x, and put SS to 1.6. Felt really nice. Need to test more while inside the pack as I was away from the start.

Soldato
Just played this on my sons Oculus Rift and G25 wheel. Amazing experience - silky smooth and totally immersive. The biggest difference over 2D is that you suddenly experience the elevation changes, especially on tracks like the Nurburgring where the hills actually feel like hills! Also the ability to look through corners makes a massive difference. Really impressed with it - most immersive VR experience I've had

Back
Top Bottom