Project: Dave

Soldato
Just sold a Phanteks Enthoo Pro m on here which I could have donated :(

Let me root around my PC cupboard and I’ll send you a trust with what I’ve got, also I’ll speak to you tonight on discord on chucking a few pennies in the pot :)

Also if you’re going to be Ipswich way and end up going for a drink or anything let me know as I’m only down the road :)

Caporegime
OP
the quote 'those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter' springs to mind. it's for a good cause so i'd just stick it in anyway

True! I think we're pretty much done now though :)

https://www.arctic.ac/uk_en/z2-gen-3.html

Any use? Brand new in opened box. (I started to build it up before deciding I wouldnt use it.)

I also have my old NZXT h440i in white but its quite modded and my daughter has scuffed the window on it... Potential fixer upper?

Thanks Lewis, I'll keep this in mind!

Moar lootz arrived today:

A case:

fCtWvfF.jpg

A keyboard:

jsT9vEd.jpg

A maus:

hPJQwDL.jpg

An electricity:

6mjb2wI.jpg

Some RAMS:

PCW17XR.jpg

And a storage biscuit:

51O4E3Q.jpg

Painter is on the fence, might not make it, we'll hafta see.

Caporegime
What an awesome thing to do!

condolences to Dave. This might just push me to get more invovled with your community nights, I take it this is ForeverGaming. :D

Caporegime
OP
What an awesome thing to do!

condolences to Dave. This might just push me to get more invovled with your community nights, I take it this is ForeverGaming. :D

Correct. When we say we're the best gaming community in the world, we're not joking :D

This video is when we had a pair of Astro A50s delivered to Lee (@GazzaGarratt ) whilst we were messing about on GTA.

(not hotlinking due to grownup language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8D3scYE_Po

Also, our PC side is growing fairly steadily, we have a Discord server 'n errythang, just like the cool cats :cool:

Caporegime
Correct. When we say we're the best gaming community in the world, we're not joking :D

This video is when we had a pair of Astro A50s delivered to Lee (@GazzaGarratt ) whilst we were messing about on GTA.

Also, our PC side is growing fairly steadily, we have a Discord server 'n errythang, just like the cool cats :cool:

Tried to login to the forum, my account has been pruned. :(

Associate

That was a day i'll never forget. He's not wrong btw but maybe I am bias somewhat. :D That's why we're all more like Family than just interwebz fwends that know each just by username obiwan237583861936. I'd really do anything for an FGer as would the others.

Tried to login to the forum, my account has been pruned. :(

Weird - If Didds hasn't sorted it let me know and I can help :)

Separate note - thanks will never be enough to all on here that have supported and offered donations, it means everything and some. Dave is a person that if anyone met him, you'd want to do anything for that legend. Its partly why he was the first person into our Hall of Fame. Nice to see you sharing the 'Feel Good' vibes we do with FGers @Diddums <3

Caporegime
OP
BOSH!

Remember me? The mods kindly hid this thread from view as Dave was all over the forum recently :eek:

The project is now pretty much complete, the list of goodies is as follows:

Ryzen 5 2600x overclocked to 4.25ghz.
Asus ROG Strix B450-F
16gb of DDR4
Asus 1060 6gb
Kingston 480gb SSD
2x WD greens 2tb
32" 1440p Acer monitor
Corsair Vengeance K65
Corsair Vengeance M65
Kolink 80+ Bronze 600w PSU
Kolink Levante case

This will all be put in a loot crate, together with some other posh items from Harrods, a bottle of hooch, some lovely merch and some essentials like homeplugs, Cat5 cables, extension leads, etc.

The crate also arrived today, all painted and ready to go:

Q9lOsa3.jpg

QNTn3I2.jpg

CsZ9oOk.jpg

I have managed to borrow a van from work for the weekend, so we're driving up on Saturday to meet at the Burger King near his house, after which we'll all head down to his place for the reveal and build, followed by dinner at Frankie and Benny's and drinks afterwards. This project has by far been the biggest and most ambitious we've ever done, but it honestly couldn't have been for a nicer person. The generosity and kindness shown by all involved has been on a whole new level, seeing it finally culminate on a tangible level really does make me feel a little warm and fussy inside. Apologies for the threads being all over the place, but due to the time constraints I needed to push many buttons simultaneously so it got a bit messy. Once the reveal is done I'll do a nice new organized thread with the photos and whatnot in it.

Thanks once again to all involved, having so many people offer things has been truly awe inspiring, and a special mention to Overclockers for allowing me to use this forum because we can't use FG for obvious reasons, and a special shout out to @StigBourne for his help as well.

The reveal thread will be soon, stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom