Project: Gattaca

Associate
I decent temp drop there.
You have been the inspiration to start my take on a similar project in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'd suggest removing the reference's to os x on pc hardware especially the links and mods will get unleashing their whips soon as its against the license agreement

There is a part in the EULA about not being allowed to run OSX on non stamped Apple hardware but I think I have that covered.

dsc00543i.jpg

And just in case you were wondering its a bought retail copy of OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.0.

Last edited:
Associate
awesome build man, im hoping mod a G5 case for a pc.
was wondering what moddle of G5 was the case from? and do you know if the cases change in the different generations of G5?
may be a little of a cheeky question but how much did you pay for the G5 case from the bay?
mint condition ones seem to be over £150

thanks.

Associate
OP
awesome build man, im hoping mod a G5 case for a pc.
was wondering what moddle of G5 was the case from? and do you know if the cases change in the different generations of G5?
may be a little of a cheeky question but how much did you pay for the G5 case from the bay?
mint condition ones seem to be over £150

thanks.

Thanks! :)

It was a dual G5 2Ghz system originally, I picked it for £66 + delivery from the bay which was pretty cheap.

Associate
Thanks! :)

It was a dual G5 2Ghz system originally, I picked it for £66 + delivery from the bay which was pretty cheap.
thats very good :)

thinking of bidding on one, it has a couple of scratches but i am thinking of doing a design to the ''apple core duo'' mod so will be sanding all of the outer cage to smooth aluminum.

what do you think i should be willing to pay for a slightly damaged case?
was thinking of about £50~ +p&p

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Time to add a splash of water :)

I have a few water cooling parts hanging around which I will be re-using for the refresh.

I am also upgrading the 9500GT 512mb with an 8800GTX 768mb graphics card.

Water cooling parts list:

EK Supreme
EK X-Res 140 + DDC Ultra 18w
EK 8800GTX Acetal

Only problem is I don't have a rad for this one, any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom