Project Hiper Type R's Are ****!

Associate
Ambitious project. Will be keeping an ete on this.

A few things to mention that might have missed you. Please don't see as criticism though, just constructive advice.

1 the yellow rectangles appear to be right where your mobo mounting lugs are. Might just be the image res and is hard to tell. they need to be out from the edge of where the bobo is.

2 the panel you are planning to remove is there to keep the heat from the psu away from the rest of your components and to provide a "nest" for your psu cables to hide in. removing it will make things esier to install (which is a rare occurance) but will lead to higher temps (in every day use).

3 Like the idea of the window. have you thought of painting the inside of the case while you're at it?

4 If you're mounting leds in the door have a think aout how you're going to connect them and where the wiring is going when the door is shut.

Good luck and Mod on

Soldato
Surely that PSU vents out the back of the case? The fan is certainly oriented that way around but doesn't correspond with your arrow.

Interested too in how this develops as your case is so similar to mine.

Soldato
OP
Ambitious project. Will be keeping an ete on this.

A few things to mention that might have missed you. Please don't see as criticism though, just constructive advice.

1 the yellow rectangles appear to be right where your mobo mounting lugs are. Might just be the image res and is hard to tell. they need to be out from the edge of where the bobo is.

2 the panel you are planning to remove is there to keep the heat from the psu away from the rest of your components and to provide a "nest" for your psu cables to hide in. removing it will make things esier to install (which is a rare occurance) but will lead to higher temps (in every day use).

3 Like the idea of the window. have you thought of painting the inside of the case while you're at it?

4 If you're mounting leds in the door have a think aout how you're going to connect them and where the wiring is going when the door is shut.

Good luck and Mod on

1 - Yeah, i've put my mobo in already and marked out the new cable managment holes. The yellow rectangles don't actually correspond to where they are on the picture, it's just a rough sketch.

2 - I'm not so sure, i'm ordering a Corsair modular PSU so cables won't be a problem. Also, the last Corsair i had the fan as an exhaust fan not an intake so with the hole in the bottom of the case the hot should blow out the bottom.

3 - Yeah, thinking i might paint it all black....undecided though.

Surely that PSU vents out the back of the case? The fan is certainly oriented that way around but doesn't correspond with your arrow.

Interested too in how this develops as your case is so similar to mine.

That's what i thought aswell. The TX650W that i had this last few weeks has been out the of the case as you've seen from the first few pics but the fan was actually blowing cold air onto my hand.

Soldato
That's what i thought aswell. The TX650W that i had this last few weeks has been out the of the case as you've seen from the first few pics but the fan was actually blowing cold air onto my hand.

I would imagine that's just the air bouncing back off the internals of the PSU. They all pull air in from outside and force it over the components.

Back
Top Bottom