Project Ignorant Bliss

Associate
Cheers guys.

I've just been rebuilding it all, unfortunately Asus don't keep the processor in quite the same place between the two boards so I had to re-do some tubing with the formula motherboard.

Nearly there though! Got the loop filled up and it's currently busy working out the bubbles.

looking forward to seeing the pictures. of it built back up.

Soldato
OP
So I haven't yet made her pretty but she's working (except my bottom 980Ti's LED has now gone on the frizz... sigh).

I've messed around with some gentle overclocking... asus DIP5 managed to get the CPU up to 4.6ghz easily and I've just slightly bumped up the GPU's so far by 100mhz on core and memory

wSz2xvd.png

Bit of testing in 3D mark firestrike:

mosq1YH.png

Can't be bad really!

Soldato
OP
Yes, nice to have it working and can't sniff at those results!

The GPU's probably have a little more to give if so inclined - during heaven benchmarking they only hit 48 degrees or so and no sign of any instability.

I have been playing around with my cooling settings - I have tied the fans to the loop temperature rather than any given component as this makes more sense to me... if the loop is kept at a reasonable temperature then everything else follows.

I have currently got them at low idle up to 25 degrees, ramping to 70% at 35 degrees and 100% at 40 degrees.... does this sound like a sensible approach? I am completely new to water-cooling and while I found plenty to read about I didn't actually come across much as regards fan setup.

Associate
Yes, nice to have it working and can't sniff at those results!

The GPU's probably have a little more to give if so inclined - during heaven benchmarking they only hit 48 degrees or so and no sign of any instability.

I have been playing around with my cooling settings - I have tied the fans to the loop temperature rather than any given component as this makes more sense to me... if the loop is kept at a reasonable temperature then everything else follows.

I have currently got them at low idle up to 25 degrees, ramping to 70% at 35 degrees and 100% at 40 degrees.... does this sound like a sensible approach? I am completely new to water-cooling and while I found plenty to read about I didn't actually come across much as regards fan setup.

What is your ambient temperature and what max loop temperatures yo have seen so far? Let's say when say your GPU's max at 48C, what kind of loop temperature you witness?

Soldato
OP
Ambient is around 20 degrees at the moment and loop really depends on the fan settings... with those listed above it seems to be fairly happy staying at at around 35 degrees while running those bench marks

Soldato
OP
did you get my email bud?

Depends which one - I replied to your first one, I was waiting on a reply from you? You have my email I believe - just shoot me a direct email.

Cheers guys. I'm about 70% through sleeving the new pci-e cables. I'll run out of sleeve before I get to the ATX so I better get some more ordered!

You never know, I might actually get a chance to use it as a PC eventually!

Associate
Depends which one - I replied to your first one, I was waiting on a reply from you? You have my email I believe - just shoot me a direct email.

Cheers guys. I'm about 70% through sleeving the new pci-e cables. I'll run out of sleeve before I get to the ATX so I better get some more ordered!

You never know, I might actually get a chance to use it as a PC eventually!

I cant find you're reply. Ill fire you an email now.

you staying with the same scheme for the braided cables?

Soldato
OP
Almost - going B/G/G/W/G/G/B this time.

EVGA cables are much easier to deal with for sleeving - the pins are easy to extract and they have added the capacitors on thin guage wire separate to the main cables, much easier to relocated them further down the cable. They won't be quite as effective as when right by the plug but it's not going to make a huge difference.

Off to finish up the PCI-E cables now :)

Soldato
OP
cables haven't quite been trained yet, but back up and running with some better looking cables for the EVGA supply now.

Will post some better pics when I get a chance to tidy up those usb 2.0 cables in the bottom (my CNC requires USB 2.0 alas... i'll upgrade at some point to an ethernet controller but for now I need them!)

Colours aren't quite accurate - the EVGA stuff is all white and I set the formula board to a manly hot pink at the moment, but it's RGB so can set pretty much whatever.

vz5jZ3l.jpg

RmXxhbs.jpg

Associate
I am so impressed with this build. :)

It is so tidy, simple and functional looking, (no excessive glitz), all due, no doubt, to much vigilance to selection and location of hardware, and the detail and routing of cables and tubing, etc.

A real work of art. :D

Congratulations Zeeflyboy.... brilliant job well executed. :)

Back
Top Bottom