[Project Log] Progect 77

Permabanned
OP
Update 5 - Avexir

The RAM modules arrived yesterday, 16GB of Avexir Blitz 1.1 Original with white LED. The memory is split into 4x4GB to fill the slots on the Gene V and the white LEDs should look great when the build is complete. The modules are quite heavy and feel very well made, even the packaging is very nice.

The modules are over 5cm tall so my pipework may have to be moved if the EK spacers are not tall enough. Avexir have also got something else a little unique here, they offer the Blitz set in varying styles to match your motherboard. The MSI and Gigabyte variants will certainly stand out and will help those with OCD looking to get everything looking perfect on their boards!

This set obviously is to match the ASUS ROG boards and once the protective film is removed, the colors look very nice. I am undecided as to mod the heat spreaders a little with some vinyl work, I dont want to spoil them!

The part number/spec for this set is;

AVD3U11116000904G-4BZ1
DDR3-1600
9-9-9-24
PC3-12800
1.5V
XMP

Unfortunately I couldnt find this set in the OCUK shop so I cant link for those who may want to look into these further.

Any way, the pictures, I am still on a learning curve with my DSLR and I have got hold of a small tent that has made things a lot easier. Hope you like!

IMG_2056_zps4f724b14.jpg

IMG_2055_zps7c24c42f.jpg

IMG_2054_zpse65fe226.jpg

IMG_1969_zps3bdd3ef3.jpg

IMG_2063_zpsf34b7803.jpg

IMG_2066_zps4854db9d.jpg

Again my thanks to Avexir for assisting me with the build, particularly Peggy who has been wonderful :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
It is great looking kit, I was a lillte shocked to see just how tall they were in person but it adds to the aura of the twinkling sticks! I think the product detail labels will come off, they will hardly be seen and the project has to be right :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Well since I am now waiting on Parvum to get back to me, I have been playing with the 3570K. If you have been following the thread you will know I managed 4.4ghz on air cooling with little in the way of setting changes. Whilst new to overclocking I dont feel scared to dabble after some reading up and the bios of the Gene V makes things so easy. I have bumped things up now to 4.6ghz with the only change being made to the multiplier with all other cores on auto. So far so good! I will be running Prime95 again for some time to see if any gremlins pop up and will be setting the alarm on real temp for 82deg. To be honest, if it runs stable on this I doubt I would push further, having said that I have read a lot saying that 4.5ghz is the invisible wall and it does make me wonder how far it would go.

Picture1_zpsee66e747.png

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP

Today I had a bit of time to play with the new backdrop and I decided to get out the parts be quiet! kindly sent me.

Now I should be able to go back and improve the quality of all the images in the thread, they might not be as great as some others on the forum but at least I am going in the right direction.

Customs must have had fun with the psu box, not exactly delicate!

Enjoy.

IMG_2161_zpsa740b5f1.jpg

IMG_2163_zps20fb14cd.jpg

IMG_2176_zps79f48a35.jpg

IMG_2313_zps2a267441.jpg

IMG_2311_zps10d9bf75.jpg

IMG_2315_zps7b3a97e9.jpg

IMG_2354_zpsb40dea21.jpg

IMG_2295_zpsc4755083.jpg

IMG_2251_zps7f2aac8d.jpg

IMG_2266_zps900c0f9b.jpg

IMG_2375_zpsf3f4e0ce.jpg

IMG_2382_zps9da1d57a.jpg

IMG_2402_zpsd2532885.jpg

IMG_2410_zpsc040f0a9.jpg

IMG_2428_zps113dd319.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Nice images, are you using backdrop paper?

Thanks, it's a sheet of cotton from a local fabric store. I was goint to order a large light tent but this ended up costing a lot less and seems to work just as well.

I ended up spending most of the afternoon trying to get some decent shots. The fabric helps but I think I need a decent flash for my 1000D. I must have taken 200 photos just to get these I was happy with and they are still way off the quality from the likes of James and the Parvum Warfare build.

This whole project is becoming a really enjoyable learning experience for the logging side of things and it will be great to look back on and see how it develops.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Hey everyone,

So Justin has now got time to look at this for me at Parvum. With Christmas approaching fast, if funds allow, hopefully I should have the interior pretty much done before the end of the year.

Im currently going over all the final measurements before sending the files over for Justin to take a look at. I thought I would share some teasers of the updated design, it keeps evolving!

Cable management holes now going into place with the WC loop to plan. You may have notice there is no space for the 240mm rad, I will upgrade to a 360 and will be adding a top section inside the case to house the rad and 3 fans, it also allows for the case lighting to be integrated into the panel work.

teaserp77_zps30880f5c.png

Parvum2_zpsf3326b11.png

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Yes good old Sketch Up, then will convert to dxf for Parvum. Im starting to get nervous now as I get closer to pulling the trigger because it HAS to be right on the measurements. I wont be happy if something is even a mm out!

Soldato
I had a nightmare getting my stuff to dxf from sketchup :(

I'm considering leaving some critical things out, like some screw holes so I can do them with the piece in front of me rather than rely on my measuring abilities lol

Permabanned
OP
Same here, ive emailed it over for Justin to look at and might leave some of the holes for when the panels arrive. It might make it a bit easier!

If I have trouble getting them to dxf (2004) I might give you a shout!

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Hey everyone, waiting now on a quote from Parvum and I am currently in a pickle GPU wise.

I will be pulling the trigger on a second ASUS 770 2GB this week but now having doubts. This will be running on 5760x1080 and at the moment runs most things pretty well if I dont push too hard. So, should I go SLI, best bang for buck or go to perhaps a single ASUS 970 Strix 4gb? Cant decide either way.

I know that single best card is the best way to go but I bought the 770 with the view of going SLI when the funds allowed, the 9xx had not been announced at the time of purchase.

Your views as always are appreciated :)

Last edited:
Associate
Hey everyone, waiting now on a quote from Parvum and I am currently in a pickle GPU wise.

I will be pulling the trigger on a second ASUS 770 2GB this week but now having doubts. This will be running on 5760x1080 and at the moment runs most things pretty well if I dont push too hard. So, should I go SLI, best bang for buck or go to perhaps a single ASUS 970 Strix 4gb? Cant decide either way.

I know that single best card is the best way to go but I bought the 770 with the view of going SLI when the funds allowed, the 9xx had not been announced at the time of purchase.

Your views as always are appreciated :)

Dont go Strix.

Go ROG all the way. :) (keep you your ROG themed build).

I would maybe hold off to new year to see what new GPUs come out. As im sure there is still a few weeks to you have all to finalise the build

Back
Top Bottom