Project PARVUM ARGENTUM - Lots of rendering, machining and 4 Titan Xs?

Associate
OP
i was considering doing a log when i finally decide to do some proper watercooling.

all these pros have just put me right off lol i would be laughed off the forums.

these things look so awesome, i could never have the patience you lot have. if i start it i will need to finish it ASAP hoping i havent fluffed anything and it all works fine.

them acrylic titans are the bomb. scrap this build and do something with them acrylic ones.

Bah you've gotta start somewhere, my first loop looked like this:

kvEDAJ.jpg

Pretty rubbish by today's standards if you ask me rofl. As for the Titans, it seems those accidental ones have proven quite popular haha.

any more progress photos?

Not yet unfortunately. The build's in a slow phase atm where mostly it's about securing the rest of the parts and other sponsorship bits. Making massive progress on that front though, doesn't make for the greatest updates however :p

Once things are sealed and decided I'll post the results.

Crazy build, looking forward to seeing the progress! :)

It may be a slow burner, but progress there shall be, well, soon enough :D

any updates on this will it challenge kaps build ? :D

Again, progress atm is mostly on the parts front. If there's one bonus to buying everything, it ensures that things are done on your timescale. Working with so many sponsors means there are tonnes of conflicting agendas, not to mention difficulties and unexpected twists. Got some massive power coming in though soon, that 5960X can be kissed bye-bye ;)

Best bit is, this build still hasn't had the frame concepts shown yet. No boring boxes (sorry Caselabs) for this build, that's for sure. :cool:

Associate
OP
Well this has been a very long time coming. I warned people that this project may prove to be a slow burner, but even I wasn't quite prepared for this hiatus.

Long and short of it is sponsors can be very difficult to find, even with a build as well supported as this and a solid portfolio. As such, I've had to wait until I could afford to pick up some hardware myself.

On that front, I'd like to thank Wei Day from G-Skill. Whilst unfortunately they weren't able to aid in this particular project, I'm grateful that they reached out to support offer support for the project. Hopefully we'll be able to work together on a future build :)

That said, there is at least now some light at the end of the tunnel!

uf89C7.jpg

G5cRzF.jpg

So a few things were needed to get this build at least running. I figured it was useless having all these parts just sitting on a shelf. So I picked up some hardware to get things going, notably a couple SSDs and 64GB of Dominator Platinum DDR4. I also picked up a temporary 5820k just so things can run, along with an H100i GTX for testing and running whilst waiting for WC bits. I'll be using the 5820k later in a future project so I wasn't that worried about picking on up.

2x2TB Samsung 850 Evo

Had this spare from another project, will tide me over until I can grab a 950 Pro for some NVMe goodness.

Much pretty RAM. Still don't get the coolers though.

Slots right in there

Always wanted 8 sticks of Dom Plat, really fills the board up and fits the theme

And a sneak peak too! These are two very early concept renders for the eventual layout. You'll notice it's missing, well, most things currently as there are just so many variables right now. I'm not spending time modelling WC gear when there's no guarantee that I'll be using it.

Associate
The renders do look sublime, if the system looks half as good as them in real life then it will be stunning. I don't think I can stress how much I love the style of the system as the black/white/silver colour scheme looks very elegant and classy and then the green accents on the NVidia graphics cards add a nice splash of colour :)

Also I think I blacked out when I saw the two Samsung 2TB drives :D

Keep us updated and I can't wait to see the system assembled.

Associate
OP
This is going to be insane

Here's to hoping we can pull it off adequately:)

Lovely work as always, can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks, might be a while though :/

I'm not sure if I prefer the renders or the actual hardware!

Tell you what though, the hardware in real life is really something special, the motherboard looks so much more impressive in person than in photos or renders

The renders do look sublime, if the system looks half as good as them in real life then it will be stunning. I don't think I can stress how much I love the style of the system as the black/white/silver colour scheme looks very elegant and classy and then the green accents on the NVidia graphics cards add a nice splash of colour :)

Also I think I blacked out when I saw the two Samsung 2TB drives :D

Keep us updated and I can't wait to see the system assembled.

Haha yeah it's definitely one of my favourite colour schemes, although not many seem to go for the silver part much. Mostly I see black or white being the predominant colour. Although this isn't quite shown in the renders yet, there will be quite a bit of silver in this build, fingers crossed it will look right.

Can't wait to see what your going to do with the watercooling on that badlad!

TBH so am I, the options are still very open right now so anything could happen. EKWB said that they weren't interested in sponsoring the build, so it's going to be rather interesting having to gather everything from various places.

That moment when you walk into a room and the PC tries to suck your face off....

Stunning as ever dude.

Cheers Andy!

Damn, if I ever win the Lotto I'm buying you as a personal PC builder! Stunning work once again :)

Hehe, although I don't only work at the extreme enthusiast bracket either, big fan of tiny builds like NUCs or even RasPis

Your work is second to none, I can't wait for more updates, truly sublime.

Thank you for the kind words :D

This is going to be insane

Aye, the bar has been set :p

Associate
OP
If a PC could be described as looking 'executive' this is what it would be.

The dream eh? Certainly doable, just need to get the colours and finish right now.

uf89C7.jpg

G5cRzF.jpg

So I had the opportunity to spend last weekend over at my first iSeries! Was a real blast :D

I'd like to give a huge thanks to the Parvum lads for both providing me with a case at such short notice and for transporting my rigs there and back (even if they forgot the monitors rofl). Another thanks goes to Overclockers who loaned me an Acer 4k Gsync monitor for the event!

I figured I'd take a few snaps whilst I was there too, got to see all the recent Parvum rigs in their proper environments (as opposed to the workshop), they're real stunners.

The prep and travel for LAN can really knock the energy out of ya...

I also decided to take some shots of the current state of Parvum Argentum once I got the rig back. Remember that this case is temporary and that the final build will be planar and wall mount style. No extensions or custom cables for this one currently, can you imagine doing that many cables just for a couple months of use? Well, I can't that's for sure haha

Back
Top Bottom