[Project] RROD Fix

Nope no difference from normal xbox, other than Nismo said will be quieter, less heat and also the case itself mounts the dvd-drive much better for less vibration and then actually has foam to reduce the sound even further.

As for a window hmmm never even crossed my mind, once I've put the led on the res/pump I'll see how it lights up and maybe cut a window in the top of the case but that would be for another day.

I doubt that somehow! :p

Kudos for watercooling a console, I guess the 360 was the obvious choice. ;)

Maybe I should watercool my ps3 next then? haha no chance of that at least xboxs are cheap to replace.

As for the window I would only go for simplicity just to see the tubing nothing else, but more I think about it prefer to have the case as is :)

highway.jpg

But isn't it the DVD drive where 90% of the turbine like noise comes from...

Yeah, because installing games to the HD makes it really quiet anyway.

So the only real benefit here is, uh, a more stable dvd drive?

Looks great though, well done, just probably not many actual benefits.

Yeah, because installing games to the HD makes it really quiet anyway.

So the only real benefit here is, uh, a more stable dvd drive?

Looks great though, well done, just probably not many actual benefits.

Well I only have a 20gb hdd believe it or not, and god knows how many games I have 70+? So I use the dvd drive quite a lot and as I mentioned earlier the case does a good job of making the drive a lot quieter too.

Just an update on the state of the xbox, was having to run pump via my pc as couldn't find 12v anyplace, but have sussed this problem just need to go find my soldering gear and I'll get right back onto it. Been testing it with power from pc and the xbox plays fine and works great :D

Only other thing after that is need to find a torx key to fit into the hdd casing so I can take it to pieces and fit it inside the case.

Oh and I'm maybe gonna mail lian li, see if I can get a spare top panel as the window does seem more tempting nothing fancy nice and subtle, just so can see whats going on, wouldn't really know how good it would look till I try :)

Well I have been offered a lid off lian-li, if I keep writing my build logs. My question here is has anyone had any experience with decent but subtle window kits. Would like something with small amount of rubber and probably just a square one. Either that or gonna make my own, or some black mesh might be quite nice.

Back
Top Bottom