[Project] RROD Fix

Well I soldered 2 wires onto the bottom of the motherboard the other day to provide 12v for the pump and anything else I want. Needed to find a smaller torx set to get my hdd caddy apart but done that too. So will fit my hdd later on and probably mount the pump too. Finishing it off till I can get new top and window done :)

Then I'll braid any left over cables etc once I'm happy with placement.

Another update, I've finally got the xbox360 hooked in place and started using it! I know it's been ready for ages but had a lot on my plate with work and other projects :) I have just been playing a few different games (all beit ones I havn't played before I watercooled it,) but I truely believe the games are running a lot better due to no heat issues. Everything seems smoother and more responsive. Dunno if it's my imagination or not. I'm gonna hook up one of my other 360's and see what its like.

Also it's been running since last night doing further leak tests and everything is a'ok. Still waiting on the new top panel from lian-li so I can cut a window in one to see how it would look.

Someone asked in another thread how much this cost me, so I looked at old invoices, also already had some tubing left over from another build.

Swiftech MCR120-QP-B 120mm Radiator £14.99
XSPC X2O 400 Pump and Reservoir - Clear £27.99
Xbox Custom Waterblock £30.00
LianLi Xbox 360 Case £76.00
Total £148.98

Erm so yeah not the cheapest but to me it was worth it :)

Its not like he can install every game he owns do the drive. It would be cool if you could buy another quiet dvd drive and flash it with the 360 firmware

the xbox 360 is unpleasantly loud at all times.

Unlucky, your 360 fails then as mine isn't loud at all.

Its not like he can install every game he owns do the drive. It would be cool if you could buy another quiet dvd drive and flash it with the 360 firmware

Why the hell would you need to install every game? I doubt many people focus on more than 3 games at a time.

Still would have worked out cheaper buying a bigger hard drive, LOL.

Did it not occur to you to paint those blue L-bends black?

You know what it never crossed my mind as they are at the back of the case, out of sight out of mind, but now you mentioned it... Damn back to the drawing board, I have some spares I'll paint them and see how they look.

Margaret I see the points you are making about cost, but I'm not saying I'm made of money but it's a project I wanted to do and see how it turned out so I done it, many people buy stuff for their computers that have no performance gains, but still do it don't they? But I dunno if anyone read up about my other posts, regarding tearing and graphics. Playing games has become more enjoyable, my friend suffers a lot of graphics tearing on resident evil whereas I have none, loading is much smoother and in general games seem to benefit from the better cooling.

but you can get a brand new 60gb xbox for that money can't you?

Yeah suppose you can, but it goes well beside my lian-li htpc and u2-ufo, always have liked custom cases and didn't like the white xbox case itself.

Where's the hard drive? I can't see it.

It wasn't fitted while taking the first set of photos, as the hdd station requires a different socket size from the rest of the 360, so had to find one of them. Done now and fitted, will get photos of that and pump in place sometime, still waiting on my spare panel coming from lian-li so can go ahead and cut a window also, so will get photos once 100% complete.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom