[Project]: Singularis [V1000Z]

Associate
Project Singularis

So most of you have been following the initial build process of my V1000z here but now that I am getting closer to ordering the parts for the watercooling I thought why not have this as a project log!

How she looks at the moment:

show1gd2.png

Steps that the build will go through within the next week or so:

1) Remove everything from case, mask and tape / mark where needed.
2) Send case away to be cut (3 x 120mm blow holes and 12 screw holes on the top panel).
2) Order watercooling parts listed below.
3) Receive case back from cutting.
4) Install mobo and watercooling for leak testing.
5) Fit zalman fan controller.
6) Braid 24pin atx cable and pci-e cables.
7) Remove stickers and sand down dominator fan cooler + install 3 40mm akasa blue LED fans in place of black standard ones.
8) Remove standard lian li 120 mm case fans and replace with current 2000rpm sharkoon fans.
9) Re-install psu and all other components.
10) Re-cable manage everything
11) Boot up and bench / test temperatures!

Mock up design

I have made a mock up diagram of how things will initially be installed:

wcmockupfinal2zg4.png

Should get the parts ordered on Thursday / Friday of this week and the case will be sent for cutting over the weekend. Expect the bulk of the project to start next week!

If any one has any idea's or tips feel free to shout out!

Last edited:
Associate
Are you planning on installing the rad and fans inside the case or are they going to be sitting on top of the case as in your diagram?

Associate
Found this on another forum. I know this is not a V1000Z but still I think you can fit everything in a similar way.

dsc0033resize3qi1.jpg

I just can't figure out how he has the loop setup. I think it goes like this...

Pump > Lower Rad > GPU > CPU > Top Rad > Reservoir > Back to Pump

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Found this on another forum. I know this is not a V1000Z but still I think you can fit everything in a similar way.

dsc0033resize3qi1.jpg

I just can't figure out how he has the loop setup. I think it goes like this...

Pump > Lower Rad > GPU > CPU > Top Rad > Reservoir > Back to Pump

i want a 120.3 so im mounting the rad on top :)

i will be going pump > rad > cpu > gpu > res

Associate
I think what he means is that you will have less air going through the rad and this will be choking your top fans. It's hard to say. Maybe the lower ones push more air at a lower RPM's. That is something that you will have to find out.

Associate
OP
I think what he means is that you will have less air going through the rad and this will be choking your top fans. It's hard to say. Maybe the lower ones push more air at a lower RPM's. That is something that you will have to find out.

oh right ok, well the way i see it is that the top fans will remove most heat from the rad, the bottom ones are only there to stop the rad getting warm due to warm air from inside the case. thats my theory anyway :p

Soldato
It would probably be best to have either 6 of the same fans at the same speed or just 3 fast fans.

I'd agree that the overall speed of the air through the rad would be limited by the slower fans underneath.

Associate
Id really consider just using 3 fans and install them inside the case with just the rad on top it would help with noise immensly and I doubt the temps would be afftected:)

You could even polish the rad for some serious bling:)

Back
Top Bottom