Project SM580

Associate
yes the pcb extends up until the metal plate you see underneath the acrylic. Then the acrylic plate and back plate are about 1cm longer than the pcb, this could be because the pcb ends in a V shape so they might have wanted to protect it a bit better
It looks like they made the top acrylic match the length of the reference card rather than the founders edition. Still very compact compared to the standard cooler.

Associate
OP
Finally made some progress, the last fittings I needed arrived today. I have actually decided to use soft tubing for the CPU side, since it is not visible and makes my life much easier. I'll leave you with a couple of pics during leak testing. Will take proper pics this weekend!

LzpD3fD.jpg

RsEnaY4.jpg

Associate
Hey, that's looking awesome, sorry about the backplate delay. Glad you got it together in the end though.

How has the card responded to being watercooled? Better pc?

Associate
OP
Hey, that's looking awesome, sorry about the backplate delay. Glad you got it together in the end though.

How has the card responded to being watercooled? Better pc?

yes definitely better temp, I will make some tests in the weekend, so far temps are around 49/52 degrees with +140mhz overclock so gpu is at 2ghz

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Associate
Hi! Very cool build. I am working on a very similar build. I am in the process of getting the watercooling parts and have a question.

You mentioned,
So the original plan was to use an EK-CoolStream CE 280 on top, which is 45mm thick. I had to revisit that plan, as I didn't have room to place the combo / res with it and ended up using a SE 280 instead.

From your pictures it seems that you do have some clearance up top. Can you elaborate a bit please? I almost bought the EK-CoolStream CE 280 but now hesitate after seeing your post.

Associate
OP
Hi! Very cool build. I am working on a very similar build. I am in the process of getting the watercooling parts and have a question.

You mentioned,

From your pictures it seems that you do have some clearance up top. Can you elaborate a bit please? I almost bought the EK-CoolStream CE 280 but now hesitate after seeing your post.

Hi if you want to use the 280 CE you have to remove 2 rivets for the side panels, one on each sides.

Associate
OP
Hey, just wanted to post an update on this project, T-Force sent me 16GB of XTreem ARGB DDR4 16GB 4000 MHz RAM all in white!!! now everything matches :D

CKoEJC4.jpg

hWaG547.jpg

Back
Top Bottom