Project TARDIS! At last! M-ITX Watercooled Ryzen 3900X Build

Caporegime
OP
Hey folks!

Little update from me. So the machine remained mostly untouched since the last post but today I received after finally buying an RGB strip - a Phanteks Neon 1m strip. I really like these due to the look of them when they're on, you can't really see the individual LEDs - it just sort of glows!

Sorry for the potato pic!

airwCu2.jpg

After checking and remembering there is literally no room in this case, I decided on perhaps a slight unconventional mounting method?

ST2Blwj.jpg

iTuQIlH.jpg

I mounted it to the side panel itself. And then threaded the power cable up by one of the radiators, so its hidden and easy to reach and disconnect if the side panel needs to come off. I felt quite pleased with myself about this one :D

Anyway, got it on and the end result...

SUm4j5S.jpg

rAZiqRk.jpg

I am IN LOVE with it. This has done wonders to finish off and add to the whole overall look - and now inspired to do the last 2 jobs

- sleeve that red cable - sleeving is ordered
- black out the GPU PCB edge

Then I think thats about it :D

Caporegime
OP
Hey Con :) - all good here thanks, yourself? Yep still in Portugal and working for Microsoft. Supporting Config Manager & WSUS but more business orientated now which is nice, rather than all case work :)

Caporegime
OP
Love the build, really like the case but they don't do it in white which is a shame

SCCM eh, so much hair has been ripped out working with SCCM
You should trying doing my job, I am surprised i have any hair left :p :D

Thanks for your kind words about the build. My only gripe with this case and it REALLY is nit-picking is the want for a tempered glass side panel. This plastic like window is no different to my Coolermaster CM201 Black Widow from back in t'day. I am even considering ordering a piece the same size as the side panel and modifying it to make it fit! Otherwise the case is fantastic. So nice to work in.

Soldato
You should trying doing my job, I am surprised i have any hair left :p :D

Thanks for your kind words about the build. My only gripe with this case and it REALLY is nit-picking is the want for a tempered glass side panel. This plastic like window is no different to my Coolermaster CM201 Black Widow from back in t'day. I am even considering ordering a piece the same size as the side panel and modifying it to make it fit! Otherwise the case is fantastic. So nice to work in.

Yeah I know what you mean, I owned a Define S previously

Lets hope they release a revised version, I do like Fractal cases

Caporegime
OP
Yeah I know what you mean, I owned a Define S previously

Lets hope they release a revised version, I do like Fractal cases
If they released a revised version with a few QOL improvements (like a built in drain port slot) I would switch over and rejiggle the build a little to move it in. Especially if there was one with tempered glass love :p :D

Alternatively, Lian Li do a lovely looking ITX case which would fit the bill! (I don't know the model though)

Soldato
If they released a revised version with a few QOL improvements (like a built in drain port slot) I would switch over and rejiggle the build a little to move it in. Especially if there was one with tempered glass love :p :D

Alternatively, Lian Li do a lovely looking ITX case which would fit the bill! (I don't know the model though)

Good shout, think its the O11 Mini? I might have a look at it today I forgot all about it, The O11 is meant to be warm though

Soldato
Hey Con :) - all good here thanks, yourself? Yep still in Portugal and working for Microsoft. Supporting Config Manager & WSUS but more business orientated now which is nice, rather than all case work :)

Glad to hear it’s going well for you. Portugal must be a great place to live

yeah I’m great - I’ve just done a similar (ish) build but AIO and huge case with OMG the fans instead. The big thing that’s struck me is building a machine now that’s stable and reliable is so much easier than 10 years ago.

Caporegime
OP
Glad to hear it’s going well for you. Portugal must be a great place to live

yeah I’m great - I’ve just done a similar (ish) build but AIO and huge case with OMG the fans instead. The big thing that’s struck me is building a machine now that’s stable and reliable is so much easier than 10 years ago.
Great to hear you're doing well - do you have any links or anything for your build? Would love to take a gander :)

And yeah I noticed that the overall quality of components is soooo different from way back when! I even thought my PSU was nice :o

Soldato
Outstanding work.

Having made the move to m-ATX with my last build (losing my desk meant finding a way to incorporate my system into our TV media units), I'm tempted to go for iTX next.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom