1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projekt Kraken

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by V4NT0M, Jul 8, 2014.

1. ~Mike~

Sgarrista

Love that backplate, might have to get one myself!

2. V4NT0M

Capodecina

Just testing the fans and the fan converter, it's working a charm and the fans are extremely quiet, I'm sure the sound will pick up a bit once there's some restriction from filters and radiators.

[​IMG]

The 120mm fans push a lot of air and are also really quiet.

Also forgot, I got the filter mesh yesterday, seems like a really light mesh, might need to double up.

[​IMG]

Will likely be opening a new build thread about the time I build this rig as I've got another project I'm going to put together too.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  3. jimbaw

Wise Guy

quite interested in seeing how this is going to turn out!!

4. DJ_Bucho

Wise Guy

Wow that mesh is SUPER fine, I'm guessing you didn't get that from overclockers? I could really do with some of that to replace the quite open stuff on my Haf X case.

5. V4NT0M

Capodecina

No it's not from OCUK, I just compared it to the filter that's in the front of my Z9 case and it is much finer and that filter catches so much dust!

I think one layer should do me fine for the top and back fans. But I guess we'll see how it goes, I think I'll see if i can mesh over the spare PCI slots or blank them out with tape as someone said above I'm pretty sure a lot of dust will creep in that way.

If you search for fine insect mesh you'll be able to find it, cost about £3 for 3 meters of the stuff.

6. V4NT0M

Capodecina

I'll have more pictures for this build in the next week or so, got the Air 540 delivered the other day and got a 290 waterblock from the MM. Just ordered the rest of the bits and bobs and they should all be delivered this coming week.

Just gave the radiator a clean out with de-ionised water.

Still pondering whether to get a new mobo as I bought some tactical tracer ram which I think would go really well but it just will not work with the D3H.

7. V4NT0M

Capodecina

I made a start today, have to wait until tomorrow before the EK fittings come but I thought I would get a headstart by installing what I could so far, removed some stuff from the back side of the case and put in the fans and rad and sorted some cable management.

First to assemble the res:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Put together the rad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then put some stuff in the case:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top 140mm fans give only enough room for the rad but I'm confident they will bring a lot of fresh air straight onto the rad in the front.

8. JCX50

Hitman

Those Nanoxia fans do look lovely.

9. WalderX

Wise Guy

Looking good so far!

10. mrham4321

Gangster

The nanoxia fans are great performers, nice!

11. Fallen god

Soldato

z87 G1 sniper motherboard would look so awesome on that, nonetheless it looks amazing mate.

12. colinmcr

Wise Guy

The blue of the motherboard and the green of the sleeve works for me.

13. V4NT0M

Capodecina

Got everything in tonight and began leak testing. Used a paperclip to jump the PSU in the end as the bitspower tool didn't come in time. I have more photos on my camera but will need to wait until the pc is up and running before I get those posted.

[​IMG]

I gather all of these little bubbles will work their way out in time:

[​IMG]

One final question, the pump seems to work fine and quiet but if I turn it up 4 or 5 it churns the liquid up into a bubbly soup. I know 5 on the pump won't be required, just wondering if it is indicative of another problem.

I did look at getting a sniper mobo but I'm not sure it is compatible with the tactical tracer which I'm quite taken with.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  14. FaNaTiiCz

Associate

Looking good so far man!

15. V4NT0M

Capodecina

Bubbles are working themselves out of the tubes just fine, no leaks so far. Quite easy to see if there are leaks with the uv fluid as I have a uv torch at the ready. Really happy with the D5, very quiet. Can't wait to get it up and running tomorrow and test out temps God willing nothing goes wrong.

16. jimbaw

Wise Guy

I really like it" nice one mate

17. V4NT0M

Capodecina

Still need to get a few things done... More pics coming soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The major problem I'm having at the moment is that the fans on my rad are making some weird clicky type noises, very high speed. I think I'm going to have to change out for the wing boosts I have but will need to order another.

Secondly the backplate I got from coldzero was missing it's mounting screws so I have to wait for them to come before I can get the GPU looking all nice.

Finally I really need to tidy up the cables in the back they are a mess atm.

18. FaNaTiiCz

Associate

Firstly did you use any gaskets between the fans and rads? because i did and one fan was catching the gasket ever so slightly but took me ages to find! so could be that!

Secondly what coolant are you using? it looks super reactive :)

And thirdly what UV lighting are you using because that too looks really bright!

I like the progress so far, very neat :) Subbed!

19. V4NT0M

Capodecina

No gaskets, I think I'll take off one of the fans and give it a looking at.

It's Mayhems UV Green it's exactly what I wanted :)

The lighting is just some blue LED lights, some cheap ones from china and a bitfenix alchemy, they're both just blue but they put out some nice UV rays.

20. Fallen god

Soldato

Looks amazing man, loving the UV green.