Prometheus 2 - what we know so far

Man of Honour
Alien and Aliens are in a totally different league to Prometheus. I've not seen Alien 3 in ages, so can't say for sure. Alien Resurrection was worse than Prometheus, though, I'll grant you.

For me in terms of how good the movies were:

Aliens->Alien----------------------------------------------->Prometheus------>Alien 4--->Alien 3.

Alien 4 was rubbish but it was a good sort of rubbish, grab popcorn disengage brain type of rubbish (it was an abomination as an Aliens movie tho but in its own right entertaining enough), 3 was just snooze worthy. Prometheus was just OK nothing terribly good, nothing terribly bad.

Soldato
The only issue I really had with the first one was it's lack of any real depth, it wasn't nearly exciting or fun enough to justify it.

That and I didn't really like Noomi Rapace.

Soldato
Somnambulist said:
At least Daniel whatshisface won't be involved in the writing this time... (IIRC).

If this is true, his absence will improve any sequel 10 fold. Why he gets paid to write is beyond me.

Can I have that in some form of document signed by all world leaders?
Did someone kill him?
I am also pretty sure he isn't paid, he was brought in to ruin lost when all the others guys peed off during the writers strike, so I assume he wasn't paid.
Prometheus was serving some kind of community service rap he was writing to get out of.
He failed and was sentenced to death instead.
Has the sentence been carried out, as until it is, I won't hold any kind of hope for the sequel.

OOOOOHHH
One point, watched man of steel today, and guess what? In some movies the character run sideways when something is falling towards them, it was such a complete shock to me, imagine people not being idiots in a film.

Associate
OP
The purpose of this thread was to find new art and stills of P2. Please post if u find somthing on that.

ME: Aliens->-----Prometheus------>Alien 4--->Alien------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->Alien 3.

Soldato
Yes, but it is worse when the chap who delas with biological life, on a trillion dollar mission, assumes the cute snake like thing with massive teeth is going to be friendly.

Have you seen man of steel?
A building falls down, and guess what? They ran sideways and got away from it, like humans would. Prometheus, nope, run in a straight line away from a wheel rolling after you.

Trillion dollar mission to find aliens, and you bring the dumbest bunch of specially selected scientists you can find. You do strange things which have no purpose.
Poisoning the lead chap with the black gunk, there was no basis for the action bar psychosis. A quality not usually possessed by androids.

It'll take an amazing piece of writing to explain away all the plot holes in the first film.

Man of Honour
You can't lay all the blame for an audience failing to suspend disbelief with the audience.

Exactly. The job of the film maker is to get me so engrossed that I only spot the flaws after I leave. If I roll my eyes during the film (frequently in this load of old toss) then it's the film maker's fault, not mine. And there's a vast gulf between putting impossible things in SF and putting stupid things in SF.

Last edited:
Soldato
Like when those two guys end up stranded in the alien complex for the night. One of the most significant things to happen in the history of science. Do the other scientists stay in contact and continue monitoring them via voice comms and cameras? - no, they all go to bed and leave them to get munched XD

Associate
Exactly. The job of the film maker is to get me so engrossed that I only spot the flaws after I leave. If I roll my eyes during the film (frequently in this load of old toss) then it's the film maker's fault, not mine. And there's a vast gulf between putting impossible things in SF and putting stupid things in SF.

Agree with this completely.

Being exposed to lazy writing/directing is a jarring experience, because it takes me out of the film. I want to be engrossed and absorbed in the film: for those two hours I'm at the film's mercy.

However, the prospect of any sci-fi sequel can only be a good thing.

Caporegime
heres the plot ....

2hr story beautifully shot. 2 minutes of real action .everyone hates it .people buy blue ray version to justify having said blue ray machine :p

Caporegime
you can when people get hung up on

"she is running after major surgery"

in a film about people in deep space finding killer aliens

Suspending my disbelief to allow for the existence of aliens does nt mean I suspend my disbelief for human biology and the limitations of medicine. There are ways of handling these things. If you want her to use the machine later on to abort the alien, and then be in a fit state for running about, then you need to telegraph upfront that the machine is capable of that. You start the film by introducing someone who has just had surgery but is recovering very quickly. You have a character acting amazed at this, and someone says well, we have state of the art equipment for this mission. Boom. That takes a couple of minutes at most and then you've set things up for her emergency abortion and magical recovery later on.

Films do this sort of thing all the time. Introduce some bit of technology or weapon or whatever early on, and you can be sure it will save the day later on.

Back
Top Bottom